Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Advice needed on permanent setup

Hello All, I've just bought an 06 Montana with the intention of setting it up permanently for my elderly mother to live in. She has decided she would like a smaller area than her house to live in and have to clean up. The fiver hasn't been delivered ...

Alaska Trip from FL (Size Limit Questions)

Hello as of right now we own a 2016 Lance 855s Truck Camper it sits right at 12'4 high and 23 long we also have a 12x8.5 enclosed trailer we will be pulling for a total length of 39ft....We have been looking at 5th wheel toy haulers and found the Rap...

Campgrounds hit by tornado

Looks like it was a campground hit by a major tornado on the evening news but the way it was reported we are led to believe it was a mobile home park. Hey, those were RV's not mobile homes!! Was this near Waverly Virginia?? Anybody know for sure...

Waxing 5er ???

Thinking of trying Rejex on my coach. I have used NuFinish before but was told Rejex works well. Of those who have tried it how did you like it? I will use white polishing compound on the bad spots first, wife wants the outside to look as good as the...

ilvtravln by Explorer II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Sailun Tire update

Getting ready to start to begin to commence to think about my next set of tires for the TH 5er.Have been looking at the Sailun S637. They fit the bill for size & weight needs and have good reviews so far.So my very specific question is: Have any of y...

2005 34TS Cardinal / Thermostat

does anyone have know of the model # on the Dometic Thermostat they were using back then, I gotta replace mine and it has no number on it anywhere, Or would any new Thermostat work as long as it was a Dometic, TY in advance.

Anson by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Front living area floor plans

We have been looking for a year or so to replace our current fifth wheel ( gave up on the class A thinking ) and really like the front living room floor plans, really liked the Montana Models however at an RV show this past weekend we got to take a c...

Demco #6099 Dodge Prep Truck Bracket installation

Has anyone install the Demco #6099 Dodge Prep Truck Bracket in a 2016 Dodge RAM? I just purchased a 2016 RAM 3500 short bed truck with the factory 5th wheel prep option, I am trying to install the Demco bracket but am having a problem with the lockin...

Roof vents

Can i replace just the plastic lids or do i have to buy the whole setup.? What would the part number be on these thanks.

eDUBz by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

How fast do you tow?

Today while driving home from work a truck towing about a 36 foot fifth wheel blew by me. I was already going 75 so I sped up and followed him for about three miles. I was pacing him at between 87-93 depending on him slowing down for cars of which he...

houtrz by Explorer
  • 125 replies
  • 0 likes

Lug size for 2003 Alpenlite

Does anyone know the lug size on a 2003 Alpenlite Portofino Villa. It has aftermarket Alcoa rims and 16" load range G tires. The brochure says it has 7000 lbs axles but all the brake components are for a 8000 lbs axle. It seems the lugs can be 9/16th...

A/C question

We are looking at buying a used 5th wheel camper. I live in south Louisiana and wondering if just one floor ducted A/C unit will be enough to keep us cool and comfortable in a 32" to 34' camper