Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Which between wheel chocks??

In researching these I'm finding basic plastic ones for $20/side up to elaborate metal clamping ones for $50+/side. Do the cheapies work just as well? I'm not opposed to spending the $$ if I need to. I'm somewhat wondering about theft since they'r...

mtofell1 by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Decisions, Decisions...5th wheel hitch

We are moving up to a 5th wheel after owning 3 travel trailers over the last 14 years or so. The Jayco Eagle HT 28.5BHXB is ordered. I'll be towing with a 2014 Ram CC 4x4 with the 6.7 Cummins. My truck has the 6.4 ft bed. I'll be installing a B&W tur...

eternabond or Dicor

am getting ready to install 2 fantastic vents, and then in about 3 months plan on cleaning and doing the roof.could I put the eternabond on the seams now and then recoat over it.and on the vent screws, should it be covered with Dicor, or eternabond. ...

Silverback 29RE

Trying to get the TV off the back wall. It's on a stationary mount, can't figure out how to pull it off the wall. Never saw one like this.

tko9900 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese hitch

Looking at getting a new fiver 8526RLWS with revolution pin box. TV is Ram 2500 with factory prep. Hoping someone has used the 30160 Reese hitch and can comment thanks in advance

DOGDODGE by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Installed or Seperate

My wife and I are going to a 5th wheel. Were not sure whether to have a gen installed at purchase or buy one separately. Were going to go full time for a while. What have you all found to be the best method? Installed or separate?

Curt q20

See an ad for a Curt Q20 and no rails. Guy said he sold camper and hitch was used one time. Opinions.I have a Reese Slider and never use the slider. Will the Reese rails fit?

Removal of SuperGlide Capture Plate from Morryde Pin Box

Has anyone remove the special capture plate that is used on the Morryde Pin box to work with the Superglide hitch? The reason I ask is we are moving from a short bed to a full bed with a new Pullrite Super Fifth Hitch that does not require it anymor...

rkassl by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Help deciding on hitch

I am new to fifth wheels and looking for recommendations on hitch. We are looking at a Sierra 377flick. Hitch weight says 2445lbs. I own a 2013 ram 2500 Cummins short bed srw crew cab. I know the weight police are gonna question the weight! I am look...

Interior Grab Handle

Has anyone installed an interior assist handle for going up the stairs to the bedroom area of a 5th wheel? How can I tell if there is any support material in the wall?Thanks for any suggestions!!

Bayley by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

RECENTLY BOUGHT A USED KEYSTONE 339 FWSLS 2007

Hey guys, I recently bought a used 2007 339 FWSLS triple slide Keystone Copper Canyon, and I am not able to find a lot of info on it. Even on the Keystone web site. I am hoping that you guys could chime in and fill in the gaps.Some of the things I wo...

TGPILOT by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Fifth wheel slider hitch options

My truck is a 2001 F350 crewcab with a 6'9" bed. I thought my mind was made up on a Pullrite superslide, Now after talking to a few people I'm thinking it might be to heavy? I'm already half boinic with 2 fake hips, fake knee, and back problems. So I...

Kevin_O_ by Explorer
  • 67 replies
  • 0 likes

Cargo Carrying Capacity CCC

The wife and I were looking a new fifth wheel yesterday. It was a Coachmen Chapparal 336TSIK. The trailer is 37ft long. What I was really surprised and disappointed in was that the CCC was only 1484lbs on this particular unit. I don't know but that s...

shadows4 by Explorer III
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes