Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Living slide stuck

I have a 2006 KZ 37k toy hauler. The living room slide in half way. It appears the gear is stripped at the motor. Motor tuns but not the bars. In the owners manual it states to manually operate use a 3/8 socket on the 3/8 in rod. The end of the rod o...

jhlee by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

tv mount

Hi to all in the 5th wheel forums. My wife and I just traded our wonderful class c motor home for a new Keystone Outback 296frs. We love all the NEW STUFF in our 5th wheel and are looking forward to our travels in the years ahead. One question I have...

New brakes are hopping

Well, I had some new brakes installed on my rig. They are electric drums on a 16k carriage cameo. On the way home from the shop today, I had to stop quickly. The rig started hopping like crazy. I backed down the gain and it got a little better. I ev...

tomthyme by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Highest capacity 15" NON-ST tires

Been curious about this and have been looking around, but really can't find any info. Anybody got anything on non-ST 15" tires and what's the highest capacity one?Lyle

laknox by Nomad
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on hitch and pin box height.

Went from a 2006 2500 HD Silverado to a 3500 HD Sierra Denali. Buying a new B&W companion slider. The Slider has a height adjustment of 17 to 19 inches. To get the 6 inches of clearance from 5er overhang to truck bed rails I need the 19inches of heig...

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Best sealant for Fantastic Fan and Skylight install?

I need to replace the skylight in my bathroom. 1. What is the best method/procedures to remove old light and install new one?2. What is best sealant to use underflange and on top of flange?Vents....Are standard vents adequate if a Max Air cover is ...

Baja_Man by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Height of bedrails for 2015 Dodge Ram 2500

Looking at buying a new 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 and I broke out the tape measure. The bed is 3 inches taller than my 2007. Has anyone had problems with bedrail clearance or keeping your 5th wheel level. What did you do to fix the problem?Thanks in advanc...

Which lug nuts to use with new wheels?

Hi,I moved to 16" aluminum wheels from the stock 15" steel wheels. Which lug nuts do I buy for the new wheels? Is it the acorn type or the mag wheels type where there is a shank that goes into the lug hole?The axles are 5,000lb Dexters, and the hubs ...

aruba by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel hitch for 2015 Dodge

I'm going to go look at a new 2015 Dodge 2500 with the 5th wheel hitch prep package. Anybody have any experience with the hitches that fit this truck? Any idea about what they cost?Thanks in advance!!

slide valves

Hi, my sewage valve is leaking so I cut the bottom sheet metal out to replace the slide valve. I can't, its part of the plastic pipe that's glued to a section of pipe on each side. My gray water tank and sewage tanks Y together in the middle with eac...

Gas grill hookup

Hello everyone.I'm trying to figure out what type of hose and connectors I need to attach my portable gas grill to the aux gas connector on the botton side of our Cougar 327res 5th wheel. It's hard to tell what I should be looking for. Can anyone tel...

paulm235 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Which Hitch???

My hitch dilemma:On order: F450 with Hitch Prep package DRV Elite Suite, 44ft, 24,000 lbs. loadedMy research has found that to fit into the Ford’s Hitch prep package or “pucks”, and not exceed the weight limits for the hitch, I am limited to:a. Trai...

New to me 5er....hitch recs needed

Hello All--Well, finally made a decision and bought a small 5er. It is 1998 Jayco 243RKS. One owner and kept in xlnt. cond. Should work well for my family of four (Me, DW, DS10, DS16).Trailer Specs:GVWR: 9400UVW: 6935Water: 466 (56 gallons)NCC:...

Baja_Man by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

grey water

Hello all,Have purchased a 2004 Keystone Montana. The sink keeps stopping up. My grey water valve is open. Shouldn't this water go right out? My black tank needs pumped which makes me wonder if this water is going there instead. That would be against...