Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Class A v 5th wheel

Hi everyoneI am wanting to go from a 5th wheel to a class A.Wondering how many out there have moved from a class A to 5th wheel. Are you happy or not. Why did you do it?Thanks for your input

eagle281 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

What's the Good, Bad and Ugly on these?They don't look terribly expensive but are they worth the money or just another hole to dump money in for a marginally useful add on?Specifically for a 5th Wheel 3 axle Toyhauler..........Appreciate any input,th...

New RV How to protect decals?

Hi Team,Trying to decide how best to protect the decals on our new RV. Last RV, after only 3 years they were cracking and pealing...I would really appreciate hearing from you all on the best option. Thanks for your timeDan

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Used toy hauler shopping. WW vs Ragen vs attitude vs??

We are ready to make the jump into a toy hauler. Sold the bunkhouse fifth wheel last night and are looking into bumper pull toy haulers. It appears as though most of the fifth wheels are out due to weight. There are a lot of weekend warrior trailers ...

Brisk by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

New FW, hitch advice needed

We finally did it and signed the deal today on our new Glacier Peak 26RKS.Now I need to buy a hitch and hoping to pick the brains of more experienced 5th wheelers. My thinking is that I do not enough pin weight to soften the ride on the F450. Trailer...

rickeoni by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Ramp door replace with a larger door

My current RV is a KZ 37k. I work remote out of this when we travel and attend our local chapter monthly rallies. I constructed a desk top that folds down flush against a side wall when I do not need the office and we use the ramp as a patio deck. We...

jhlee by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

mounting a safe

I've decided recently that I want to try to mount a safe in my rig. I've been scouting a location for quite some time now and still haven't been able to come up with anything solid. I would like to bolt it or secure it somewhere, I'm not really crazy...

yolo6886 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire pressure while parked

I'm trashing my 1.5 year old Road King Blow-Max's (three of four have blistered up or blown out, and I'm installing 4 new Goodyear G614's on my 5'er tomorrow. I'm fulltiming right now, on concrete pad. Don't plan on moving for a year or more. These n...

Importing a utility trailer from Canada to the U.S.

Posting in FWs as this is where I hang out most. Mods, please feel free to move as you see fit.I'm looking at buying some equipment in Canada that also would include a commercial-built tandem axle utility trailer. Maybe 5k GVW, but not 100% sure. ...

laknox by Nomad
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

5er Tires

My 03 Kountry Star has the terrific G-rated 16" tires. Now almost 14 years old and still looking good, I'm considering replacing them. I've read a lot about Chinese made goodyears and the lack of good options. I need advice. I don't really want to go...

bigpond by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

King bed measurements in Montana 3725RL

I'm trying to order a replacement mattress - the original is painfully uncomfortable!!We have a personal comfort number bed in our sticks home and love it. Our Montana is in storage so I can't get in to measure the bed. I'm hoping one of you can gi...

Trailer Life strikes again...

Just got a message from Northwoods RV that Trailer Life has featured their 27-5L in an article.In the note they specifically mention that while TL says this unit is "1/2 ton towable", Northwoods does NOT recommend itOther then that it appears to be a...

n7bsn by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What's that smell?!

So within the last hour and a half or so my trailer smells like eggs and farts. Sorry I don't know how else to explain the smell. At first I thought it was my dog but further investigation shows its coming from under the cabinets. Not the sink cabine...