Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cedar Creek vs Alpine

Hello all,I'm new to RVing and overwhelmed right now. I hope you can help me. My husband, Mom and myself are hoping to start full time RV travel in 18 months. I've been doing research for 3 months and went the gamet from Class As to travel trailer...

Anything bigger than a Smart car?

Is anyone building a Toy Hauler yet that can transport cars a size larger than the Smart car? I think that will be the next level for Toy Haulers.How about a 4 axle setup if axles or tires are the limiting factor?

rtz549 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

tahoe transport lite replacement tent and popout

I recently discovered that my popout panel on my TT Lite tent section had been taking on water and the wood portion of the panel is now mush and the tent material is all moldy. Wondering if its possible to get any factory replacements for these are w...

Buying new fiver

Hi has anybody used crossroads sales inc. in newfield NJ? looking at the cedar creek 38rd went to the rv show today in Edison NJ. Still working on the price but just want to know what kind of dealer they are. Happy New Year to all

Kitchen Island

We went to the RV Supershow in Tampa yesterday and all the 5th wheels we looked at had the island in the kitchen. We think that takes up too much floor space.

hitch mounted bike rack?

I've just bought two new bicycles and would like to bring them with me to Florida for the winter next year. I'm trying to figure a way to transport them and wondered what some of you have done. My Bighorn has no rear bumper so I thought maybe I wo...

Louba by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Ram 2500 or 3500 6,7L, SB, GAWR question

Hi All,i realize this question has been asked MANY times, but i still need to ask as there is ALOT of good information that comes from everyone on this site.will going from a class A MH to a 5 this yearwe have narrowed down our choice of the 5 to abo...

jsrore by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery voltage when stored in cold

We've got our fiver stored indoors for the winter, but no heat in the building here in Iowa, so it's pretty cold. I disconnected the batteries (string of two), and recently checked the voltage at 12.5v. Is this normal? The batteries are three year...

pigdoc by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter question

Are there any all in one converter/inverters out there? I have searched but haven't found any. I'm looking for something that can do the converter/charging job and also power up the AC electrical system when needed. I know you would be limited to ...

Replacing Fabric Powered Awning

The awning fabric currently on our 2008 Carriage Cameo is starting to need replacement. I have searched on YouTube and have found numerous how to videos on replacement of non power awning but none for power version. Does anyone know of a step by step...

Checking axle alignment

I was wanting to check the alignment of the axles on my trailer and was thinking of tying a weight to a string and hanging it from the kingpin then marking that spot on the ground. From there measure back to some point of the axle/wheel on each side...

lifting camper

need advice on adding blocks above the axles on the camper to level it - concerned about back bumper dragging on camper or refrigerator not working right at this angle . . . what have others done with this problem? if adding blocks how much can you...

Linoleum under carpet?

If any of you have replaced your carpet, was there linoleum under the carpet? I am thinking I read somewhere that the manufactures usually put a sheet of linoleum down then just install the carpet over the top. Is this correct? Thinking we might pull...

shadows4 by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes