Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Winterizing Question

Besides winterizing the fresh water system is there anything I should do with the black water tank "Santi-flush" spray jets?Thank You!

Bayley by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Opinions about KZ Toy Haulers?

We really like the MXT 309 except the DW doesn't like the extreme lack of kitchen counter space. One thing I'm curious about also is that the hitch tongue is extraordinarily long. I didn't measure, but it looks to be twice the normal length. Any thou...

battery drain while hooked to shore

put new battery in a few weeks ago. unit has been parked in yard connectd to shore power. today, no power to let out slides, no landing gears etc. charged battery, back in business. what is wrong?

Flushing with Hot Water

We ran into an interesting problem with our 2012 Montana, somehow they managed to hook our toilet up to the hot water line. While it may help sanitize the toilet (LOL) apparently according to our tech it may have contributed to an early failure of t...

mamestra by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New warranty policy from Grand Design

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/10/grand-design-rv-implementing-owners-pledge-2/Something to think about if someone's looking to buy from them. Can't remember how many times I've read on here about someone having trouble getting warranty work done by ...

seasonal camper insurance

I have a new sierra 5th wheel and am looking to see if anyone has any advise for a good seasonal insurance. I have a seasonal site at a campground and it is there all year - so I need something closer to homeowners - no towing is needed.

A newbie to 5th wheels

Hi everyone. I just picked up my 5th wheel yesterday. I moved up from a 16ft hybrid. I am open to any and all words of advice that you might want to share.

weight police/ please comment

OK so in a few other threads their was some surprise or questions about an f150 pulling a 5ver, so please comment on my first Rv. the truck was practically given to me and had options added for towing.2000 F150, 5.4 L gas, class 3 towing package (inc...

g4sbrg by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel kayack rack

Is anyone aware of a kayack rack that can be mounted on the rear ladder of a 5th wheel. I know that there are receiver hitch racks available but my 5th wheel does not have a hitch. I might go with an inflatable kayack but I have read that some people...

No gas to fridge and stove

2013 lifestyle 5th wheel. With full-side slide out. After we purchased the 5th wheel we set up a camp site at a resort in CA.On our first time getting ready to go out on the road with it we discovered we had no propane going to the stove or fridge wh...

Which RV is best for the zombie apocalypse?

Of all the types of RVs what type would be best for the zombie apocalypse? (Or super-volcano eruption, giant meteorite or other post-apocalyptic scenario). Assuming that one would have to flee their home and live remotely.I posted in toy haulers bec...

RedJeep by Explorer
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel

Would like honest opinions about what is a nice 5th wheel !! Yes I'd like to have a DRV, New Horizons, Elite, & my dream (the Luxe). But these brands are not in my budget!! Just want good quality without spending an arm & a leg. Don't want junk!!

Gray gelcoat and black trim

Looking at a 5er that comes with two different gelcoat options. One being your standard white gelcoat with white trim pieces/awning and the other being gray gelcoat with black trim/awning.While I like the looks of both and am leaning towards the gray...

Hitch capacity

My friend is needing a favor from me.my Reese hitch is a 16k and he is needing a grand design brand momentum toy hauler moved from San Angelo to gilmer.the specs say it has a 18k+ GVWR but it has only (2) 8000lb axles.My truck is plenty enough able b...

sayoung by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes