Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

washer/dryer

What is the best brand of stackable washer/dryer to use in a 34 ft. 5th wheel?? Do they wash & dry well?? Only the 2 of us!!

carrying up front

I am currently pulling a Big Horn 3370RK with a 13' Ford F-250 SD 6.7. I am thinking about mounting a receiver hitch on the front of the truck and carrying a 3 to 400# scooter on the front. Anyone else doing this? I have seen it done before. Idea...

pdarby by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Best prices around?

Awhile back I heard of a dealership I believe in the midwest, Indiana/Ohio, that has the absolute lowest prices on new rigs in the country. Can someone help? Holman RV maybe? Thanks.

Roof Repair

Hi Folks. Need some advice on roof repair. First, got a section that needs re-glued. What to use? Need something that can kind of flow underneath. Lap sealant, (Dicor / equal) maybe?Second, the bead of caulk(?) between the roof and metal edge is goi...

My tire story - Big O tires

Last October, on my way north, I had 4 tires replaced on my 5er at the Big O in Nephi UT. They put on LTs. Fast forward to one month ago, in WA. One of the tires is showing significant ozone cracking near the rim. The others are showing that als...

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

solar

I have a solar system with 320 watts and 2000 watt inverter.Thought I could run all weekend with refrigerator on auto and residential fan...Not the case. Does a refrigerator use a lot of watts, should I keep it on propane?

Battery compartment vent replacement?

Hope you guys can help. I just acquired a new to me older 5th wheel. There are several trim items that have deteriorated from the sun damage. I have found replacements for most thing except the dang outside vent from the battery compartment. It is ab...

okbow68 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Slideout floor replacement

Just discovered about 2" of rot along the entire edge of the bedroom slideout floor--appears to be coming in from exterior trim not being caulked and allowing water to enter and sit on the frame the floor rests on. What a stupid design.Anyway, has a...

Clearence

What should be the minimum clearance between the pick up bed rails and the fiver overhang?

wallynm by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Cyclone: Almost burned it down. Thanks Heartland Q.C.

Spending a couple of weeks at Disneys Fort Widerness. Needless to say its hot, so 2 ACs running, some fans, etc. I was out n about the campground when I get a call from the wife that the breaker panel is smoking, hurry back. Get back and yes its s...

Replacing carpet with Tile?

We have a 2006 with 4 slides. We want to replace the carpeting on the main floor (not inside the slides) with snap-in tile (no tools or material needed). We were told by the mfg. that we couldn't do that, something about the slides needed carpet t...

Vancouver/Victoria, BC 5er travel

Has anyone traveled via ferry to Vancouver and Victoria, BC? Any information or where to start gathering information would be greatly appreciated. DW retiring next spring and we want to travel from Central CA up north for the spring and summer mont...

LiLGTO71 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

5th Wheel Reliability

Unlike he auto industry that tends to have a vast database to pull reliability and quality information from. The Camper industry seems to be wide open for opinion. with that being said I'm trying to get feedback on 5th wheel manufacturers that tend t...

DJ1096 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes