Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Towing boat behind 5th wheel

I am biulding a hitch to tow my 23 ft jet boat behind my 24.5 ft 5th wheel.my boat and trailer weighs 7100lbs. I don't know the tongue weight but I can't lift it and it is very heavy. I thought of extending my boat trailer tongue a few feet but my ne...

Chevy 2500 HD

We currently have a W.W. FSC2800 now its time to upgrade. We are going the 5th wheel toy hauler route. The issue i have is the TV is a 2006 2500 HD 6.0 gas with 4.10 axle and bags (Yes i know i am planning to upgrade the truck in a couple of years) I...

Landing gear problems

Hello all, I have a 2007 33' Lakota by Mickenzie. The problem I'mhaveing is with the gears in the landing gear. I took one apartand it looks like they are starting to loose there teeth. With thatsaid the next thing is there are no markings on them at...

CANAMKID by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Truxedo lo pro QT or TruXport

Trying to decide between these two covers. I really like the low pro, but am worried about my hitch clearance. I have the B&W companion hitch, and have it adjusted to the highest setting. It is below the top of the rails, but higher than the bottom...

Sohio by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

New Fifth Wheels

So I'm trying to stay under $50,000.00 for a new 5er and have some questions. I've looked hard at the Heartland Elkridge and Silverado and the Montana Mountaineer. Looking at their bunkhouse models and the Montana being the most expensive. Another on...

New 5th wheel no tow vehicle

My wife and I went seasonal this year for the 1st time in our 35'class A not realizing how much we would actually LOVE it. We are looking at trading in our class A for a 39' 5er and stay seasonal for 5 or so years, but we do not have a truck to tow i...

Air lift recommendations

I am looking to add air bags to my 2014 F250 CC 4x4 diesel tow vehicle and am looking for feedback on what others have used. We are towing a 2015 Grand Design Reflections which is definitely within the weight limit of the truck but am looking to tak...

front cap stress cracks

What can a person use on a front cap to fill or cover stress cracks...no holes but have cracks in the finish from cap caving in while driving. Have since went through closet wall and put supports across the cap on the inside to keep it from caving in...

Something to think about..LT or ST tires

I think all or most tire stores are watching more about what tire/size that came on the item that the tires are being put on and not wanting to stray from that because of the liability that is involved. That would or could be a nasty lawsuit for both...

Regulator Issues?

This weekend while dry camping one of my 2 propane bottles ran out of gas. When I opened the second bottle and turned the regulator to the other bottle we had no pressure in the system. The bottle was completely full. Thinking the regulator switch (w...

AZ_T_T by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Power Protection..Why So Few Have If Really Needed?

For the past month I've been paying particular attention when I walk through camp grounds (both private & state parks) to see how many actually have power protection (not just a surge protector) for their rv. We camped 23 nights in June (5 different ...

Rear kitchen.

We are looking at rear kitchen fifth wheels, as are coming from an 8 foot truck camper we are used to a rear kitchen and do not want to track dirt all over our newly discovered acreage. One salesman we talked to said read kitchens are not good on a ...

rickeoni by Explorer
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

picking up our new 5th wheel, need advice

Got our offline date for our Wildcat 312QBX for 8/8. I ordered from RVW in OH and I am willing to drive from FL to pick it up (to save the $1669 delivery fee. My wife and I are having scheduling conflicts that might prevent her going with me. Am I...