Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Honda generator battery

I have a Honda 3000 generator that has an electric start. The battery has been dead for about three years. No problem as it starts with one pull. My question is this. Can I take the battery out and cover the connectors with a rubber boot wrapped ...

Jayco Octane ZX T24Z - Looking for Feedback

I'm beginning the search for a small Toy Hauler. I have a big Fiver for family trips but I want something smaller for trips with only my dog and my Harley. The smaller the better but I do want a comfortable bed, full bath and kitchen. I know a Jayco ...

Mike3 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignorance is not bliss! Help needed

I am a current owner of a tt and have been actively searching for a fifth wheel that can be towed by our truck. We were quite surprised to find out that our 2005 chevy 2500hd (6 liter gas, 4.10), with a towing package can only tow 9900lbs. Does any...

krisstie by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer tires

Who has info on Carlisle tires ? Where are they manufactured ?Service from them -good/bad?ThanksDon

Lets compare

We have had enough of our Keystone Cougar and have been looking at full profile units. I am looking for opinions or stories about the following units, not weight problems for our TV please.Montana Mountaineer 356TBFJayco Eagle Premier Hearltand Silve...

esfd243 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened?

OK everyone, here is what just happened to me on our maiden voyage with our new 5er. We were on the road about 90 minutes traveling about 62 mph at 1800 RPMS. I had cruise control on and suddenly I am losing speed and I shut the cruise off. Then my...

Campinfan by Explorer III
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a "how to " video for SuperGlide?

I am looking for the correct way. To take apart and lubricate SuperGlide. I have my owners manual. I am a visual person. Seeing it done would be so much easier. I do not want to anything wrong. I spray the hitch down every time I use it. With graphi...

Tires for Fiver

We just got back from our planned trip from south Texas to Alaska. We were about 23 miles into our trip when we experienced a low tire on our Titanium fifth wheel (dry weight about 8200 lbs.). Good Sam sent a tow truck who put on a spare and found tw...

Tgator1 by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

2007 Raptor Onan 5.5 Gen Issues

Problem started just recently and now my Raptor is at the cummins service center. I have had no issues with my Raptor and had plenty of use the past 8 years. Just in the past week. My gen would not start I changed out to a larger battery Then I fina...

Water pressure/flow?

Let's hear about your water hook-up systems. I'm just using the fixed pressure regulator, in-line filter and the white 1/2" hose. Have horrible pressure in the rig especially at the galley. Considering going to a 5/8" or 3/4" supply hose, if they mak...

Shortest enclosed garage hauler?

Who knows what the shortest hauler made is? Have friends looking for a enclosed garage hauler but don't want to go over 32'. Cougar made one a while back with a side ramp but can't find it anymore. They are only looking to haul a golf cart. By the wa...

If the RV is Rockin

So I've come to the conclusion that I need to do something better to stabilize my RV when parked. The stabilizer jacks on our Weekend Warrior are "lacking" in my opinion. The are simply single legs that drop down on an angle. I can't see how they add...

How do they do it?

We've been looking at new 5th wheels and were impressed with the Open Range lineup. My question deals with their "Lite" models. They have "Lite" models, with the same floor plan, the same square footage and the same "stuff" inside as the non-lite uni...