Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New pin box to replace demco glide ride

I have a 2008 HHII 32.5uktg fifth wheel with a extended Demco glide ride pin box and a short bed 2013 f250 with a Pull Rite hitch mounted on standard bed rails. The problem is all the banging that goes on when I accelerate or brake. The pin box has ...

Hogan by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice/Opinions needed Keystone 296FWRLS

Well we are looking at possibly trading rigs. Currently have the Crossroads Cruiser CTX 29Bhs that has been a great unit! But we now have a need for more living space as our oldest daughter doesn't go much anymore due to school and social life. So, i...

Rain-X in shower?

Our new fifth wheel will have a dark colored shower. It is beautiful, but I am worried about water spots when you have hardwater source. We use a squeegee, but maybe will have to use a towel to dry walls also. Read to use Pledge on the walls. Wonde...

Opinions needed please

Hello, we are thinking of getting a toy hauler.Would like opinions on a few brands. The three we are considering are Grand Design Momentum, Palamino Columbus, and Heartland Cyclone.We are going look at a few different floorplans today just wanted opi...

vr200275 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Bay Hill 295RL Problems

Would be interested in hearing from other Bay Hill owners; we just purchased a new 295RL and have several problems. Front LED docking lights don't work, bedroom reading lights did work but no longer do, auto level doesn't work properly on any surface...

rvoorhis by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Steadyfast advice

I am exploring the Steadyfast system. Does anyone have time to tell me results and if they mount up easy on a 39' 2013 Montana 3582 model??

beetle1 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Drop 5th for a local sightseeing trip?

I recently went from a Class A motorhome to a 5th wheel. When traveling, I liked to park the Motorhome and drive the Toad looking at local sights, then return hook up and continue the day's journey. I don't feel comfortable dropping the 5th in a park...

Jerry_B by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

NEW to fulltiming - Advice/Opinions/HELP! (long)

Hi Everyone,I'm new to this site...actually, I'm new to the whole RV thing. Opinions and ideas needed!My boyfriend and I just bought a 2004 Heritage Franklin. Its 42 ft long and has 3 slides. We recently found out that we need to move within the next...

CMM187 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hooking Up with a Bed Cover

I have always lined up the pin and the hitch visually. When I got the BakFlip folding bed cover it just did not dawn on me that when folded back for hook up and travel it would completely block my vision of the hitch. I hooked up today for the firs...

JTrac by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Tripod support

Every now and then I see a 5th wheeler with a tripod under the pin, apparently for added support. Does this really do anything? The trailer sits on the wheels, the landing gear and the rear levelers?

Superglide 3300 Manual

I've joined the Superglide world with a very good price on a never installed 3300. Would one of you have a manual I could get a copy of? I talked to Pullright on Friday, they don't have on even online and said to use the one for their 4100/4400.Tha...

RollandB by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Other models with similar floorplan?

Hi all, We really like this floorplan, but cannot find anything used. Could you all help with some other lightweight makes and models with a similar floorplan? We really like the island option!floorplanOf course, a bedroom door that closes it off t...

Emergency Brakes

Recently I was having a problem keeping the battery charged. Several times it was charged for 24 hours and then unhooked the shore power from the trailer. Would go back and check and battery was charged but the next day the battery was dead and no li...

heagle52 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

ChinaBombs

We purchased a new Augusta AF34RS Fifth wheel with Rainier 235/80/R16 Chinese Tires. They only have about 2000 miles on them including the trip from factory to Texas. There is already a bubble on the sidewall of one of the tires. We are going today t...