Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cable operated dump valves

I have the cable operated dump valves and the black valve is so hard to operate that I can barely get it opened and closed. Has anyone used an electric operated valve ? If so , how do you like it and what kind did you use ?Don

Superglide for ISR

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Superglide #4100 w/ under bed Superrail kit through Tweetys ~1400 shipped and came across a guy in my area on Craigslist selling a 1yr old Superglide #2700 (also 16K) that fits to industry standard rails f...

About to pull the trigger

We're about to close the deal on a new Momentum 380TH which we plan to be our full-time home. I'll be pulling it with a 2014 F350 DRW diesel. Looking forward to being footloose and fancy free.

arhayes by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Using auto levelers

Our new fiver is going to have an auto leveling system, with which we have no experience or knowledge of. I am sure we will be shown how to operate them, but I am sure there will be gaps in their info! How does this effect how we chock the wheels, i...

Grand Design Reflection

One of the fivers we're considering is a newer company called Grand Design. Supposedly, some ex-Montana people started the company up a couple years ago.Sales people say they can't keep them in stock.Two models under consideration are the 337RLS and ...

96Tony by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing Doubles

I am a Michigander with a CDL and proper endorsements pulling a fifth wheel with a ball hitch motorcycle trailer behind. Total length is less than 65' . We've towed all over, and want current input regarding lawful towing in Alabama and Georgia. ...

best rv tires

Looking for suggestions on quality tires for my 32 ft fifth wheel. I have tried several imports and haven't been real pleased with them. ST2.35/80R16 is what I am currently using.

Slide hesitates, sometimes stops

We tow a 2003 Alpenlite Augusta with a flat floor living room slide. This slide extends fine, but has problems retracting in the first 6 inches or so as the slide has to raise. After that, it moves in just fine. We travel 3 months in the summer fr...

Fifth Wheel Weight Checks

I read in a post on a another forum that the CHP in California are starting to stop fifth wheel RVs and check weights. Any truth to this or is it just someone wanting to stir the pot? Thanks in advance.

TECMike by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Let's hear it for Tire Minder!

Last month I decided to replace the tires on my fiver with Goodyear 614 RST (235/85 R16)'s and I was recommended to a local tire shop who gave me a fair price and what I considered very good service, they agreed to mount/balance the new tires if I br...

heater

the heater in my cedar creek 5th wheel only works at times.Could this be an igniter?

voltage 3800 problems

Did any one else have the problem of bad quality of there Voltage toy hauler. We got ours and it looks 10 years old.Just no care in workmanshipJust alot wrong and feeling like I got cheated

another tire story

Our Keystone Avalanche will be 2 years old to Us in July but the towmax china bomb tires celibrated a 3rd birthday in febuary.anyway I have always kept air pressure in check and have only towed about 1000 miles.on the way to last outing, on a two lan...

Jayco Eagle 281 rls - f250 towable?

HiHere from Scotland with my family looking to buy a truck and 5th wheel (new to all this).The 5th wheel I'm look at is a Jayco Eagle 281 RLSCargo capacity 2078lbs (tanks full)GVWR: 10500GAWR:5000Is this 3/4 towable?

Caledon by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes