Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bed tonneau covers

MrD
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I would like to find a hard cover that would fit over my hitch, what do you use and how do you like them, do they keep your bed dry?

Thanks
Mike
Mike and Char
2008 Chev 3500HD D/A Ext cab LB D/A 4x4 dually
B&W companion hitch
2013 Arctic Fox 295K ๐Ÿ™‚
60 REPLIES 60

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
I had to go from a Access roll up cover to a tri-fold. The Access cover had a rail system that went down each side of the bed rails that reduced my clearance between the 5 er., truck by 1.5". Went to a Tonno Pro tri-fold, no rails, 15 minute install.

Tonno Pro
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look a Peragon: https://www.peragon.com/Good price and easy installation and removal.:C
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

5ertime
Explorer
Explorer
I like my Ionic 3 fold cover - I have an 8 ft bed.....was reasonable and so far has held up fine and works great for me....I doubt if it would be practical on less than 8 ft bed.....but was very reasonable $ wise....light wt so fits in basement if need to store.....

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
I too have a Pace Edwards and I turned the handle down on the receiver to keep it from hitting the cover. I replaced the cotter pin with a slip key. If you follow the maintenance recommended by the manufacturer, you should not have any problems. I did not follow the instructions and they sent me replace parts free. I have been using the cover over four years and cannot say enough nice things about the product and the manufacturer.
Big Bird 2

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
Bak Flip F1 - I really like it
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

MrD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions, Keep them coming.

Mike
Mike and Char
2008 Chev 3500HD D/A Ext cab LB D/A 4x4 dually
B&W companion hitch
2013 Arctic Fox 295K ๐Ÿ™‚

TruckGuy616
Explorer
Explorer
Latner wrote:
Fold A Cover here.

Fold-a-Cover here as well. Folds up out of the way when I need to hook up my fifth wheel, so I don't have to remove the cover. I also have their Personal Caddy toolbox.

I have not had any issues with water getting in the bed either.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I have a Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit cover. Rolls up and can be locked every 12". Keeps the bed mostly dry. Sometimes a little water gets in at the tailgate corners but not much.
Covers my hitch fine but I do bungee the handle side down to keep the handle off the underside of the cover.. Some hitch handles stick up to high for a roll type cover. Make sure yours is below the bed rails.

bigeking
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a Retrax and it works great, and if you keep it waxed it looks great all the time.
Everett & Jayne
2008 GMC Duramax-Allison Extended Cab Dually Locking 3:73 rear end
Line-x bedliner Pullrite hitch Retrax Bed Cover---2008 Nu Wa DA 339RSB

Life is'nt about how you survived the storm...
It's about how you dance in the rain!

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Retrax and love it. It locks in ANY position, so I slide it just in front of the fiver pin box when towing.
Completely hides my hitch when not.
Not cheap, but it works well for me.
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Bakflip G2. Fold towards front for towing. Unhitch, fold back to cover hitch and locks (need a locking tailgate). Can fold all the way up to the cab to use entire bed if needed and is strong enough to stand on (IIRC 300 lb limit, but, check for sure) for cleaning the nose cap of the 5er when the bugs get bad enough. Works for me.
My 2 cents, your mileage may vary...

Don
Bronwyn
Down to 1 kitty...J-Lo, the princess

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Towed

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Fold A Cover here.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same hard plastic cover Korbe has...5 years now and it's still in descent shape but I've had to replace the lift cylinders (leaked), locks and some of the hardware to to age and corrosion. The cover I have is made by Undercover (out of Missouri). They ran about $500 back then but are worth it to me. My plastic cover is about 1/4 the weight of my neighbor's fiberglass cover.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Truxedo Truxport. I like it a lot.

Economical. Rolls up all the way so I can get to the small truckbox I put at the front of the bed. Quick and easy to use. Snug fit. Completely dry.

I am hoping I can put one on my new 350 that is coming, with the Yamaha Generator I am going to have in place of the truckbox.

Truxport
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I use one of these, but not during campin' season. I can leave hitch in and it stays dry.