cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Made?

praisetoGod
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a better/best made toy hauler? I'm not looking to start a fight but I'm wondering if there is a toy hauler that is just constructed better. I'm also not talking about luxury, but more along the lines of frame, walls, roof... Also, is there a brand of toy hauler that you would stay away from.

I currently have a 27ft Wolf Pack from Forest River, and we're looking to upgrade to a bigger and possibly 5th wheel toy hauler. Thanks in advance for your info.

Scott
31 REPLIES 31

_plit
Explorer
Explorer
I had a very well made 2009 Ragen that i really thought was well built. Then my wife and i decided to look at 5ver's. i just spent 2 years looking at FW toyhaulers, my favorites were raptors and fuzions. I looked at everything i could find in Arizona (Toyhaulers are huge here in the desert and much more expensive because of that- lol) I narrowed it down to a Raptor until i looked at the Grand Design. I now own a 385th Momentum and we love it. I could go on about it but we all have our opinions so i am sure you will get to hear others...goodluck!

I believe that Grand Design is the only Toyhauler Manufacturer that will still warranty their RV if you full time in it, which says something i think.

Y-Guy
It's a real challenge to say one is better then the other. Generally speaking higher quality comes with a higher price line, but without spending some time getting to know it's hard to tell which just put a bunch of shiny objects and which are dedicated to bottom line quality. For the most part the the average mass built RVs are pretty similar. If you get a Friday afternoon edition you might have problems, but the ones that came out on Tuesday might be better.

I think the Desert Fox line are very well made, but they don't have a lot of models and no FW units any longer. I'm hearing and reading a lot of very good things about the Grand Design and EverGreen line ups, but they are still fairly young, hopefully quality stays up as their popularity rises.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon