cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black Tank Valve

marielw824
Explorer
Explorer
Hey ... haven't been around in a long while ... but am wondering if ANYONE has EVER come across a broken/damaged black tank valve. Apparently, the plastic flap that closes the tank has been broken/chipped, if you will. So we've had the valve replaced. But just wondering if it something others have come across and maybe why? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

bad99ram
Explorer
Explorer
marielw824 wrote:
I would say more to the 5 - 6 ft. range, not 2 - 3 ft. from what I can guess. I haven't seen the underbelly and don't know for sure.

Can someone explain this 'cable' to me? In my mind, a cable is thin and flexible. So how is it stiff/firm enough to close the flapper on the valve?

Think like a brake cable on a bike

marielw824
Explorer
Explorer
I would say more to the 5 - 6 ft. range, not 2 - 3 ft. from what I can guess. I haven't seen the underbelly and don't know for sure.

Can someone explain this 'cable' to me? In my mind, a cable is thin and flexible. So how is it stiff/firm enough to close the flapper on the valve?

0rion
Explorer
Explorer
since this is sort of a related question I'll throw it in here....

How long are the cables usually to the valve? I assume they're probably a little different model to model but generally what are we talking? 2-3 feet or 5-6 feet? Reason I ask is I want to lube mine and I'm wondering if I can drop some oil in the sleeve and blow it back far enough with compressed air to coat the whole cable?

marielw824
Explorer
Explorer
It's closed. The dealership dropped the underbelly (so they've told me ... haven't picked it up yet), and didn't cut the underbelly.

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
Is your RV's underbelly closed or exposed?
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL