cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black water leak or....

yolo6886
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, My wife and I went out to drain our BW tank this morning and as we usually do we turned the flush on first then reached down to open the tank. We noticed a good stream of water coming out near the right side of the valve. The water was clear and was coming out of a area that was bowing out from the frame of the coach. We checked our cargo area and it was bone dry so it has to be coming from underneath it I assume. We started the process again and the leak appeared to have stopped but we still have the bowing underneath.

Can anyone tell me what the bowing is? Or and ideas on why the water may have come out? The tank was pretty full so could it have overflowed when we started flushing it before we opened the valve? Thanks for all the help!
In the fiver full-time

2002 30ft Holiday Rambler Alumascape
7 REPLIES 7

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
momentum rv wrote:
There is probably a vacuum break w/check valve in the black wash line blowing out. They have a high failure rate. It is usually at a high point behind shower or other area adjacent to washer connection.

This happened to us. Hooked the black tank flush up and the check valve had cracked, but our (clean) water was escaping into the living area inside a floor level cabinet. My wife caught it the first time we flushed the tank this spring.
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cumminsยฎ Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
hilke40 wrote:
Its possible that your tank if overfilled partially moved out of brackets. I would lower bottom and check, If you drill, you might drill thru the holding tank.

I did not mention that the common sense approach would be to push up on the inverted bubble before you start drilling to make sure all is clear to do such.

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
There is probably a vacuum break w/check valve in the black wash line blowing out. They have a high failure rate. It is usually at a high point behind shower or other area adjacent to washer connection.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be looking at the tank flush hose. Could have either come disconnected at the tank or rubbed a hole in it. Either way you'll need to drop the under sheeting to see what's going on.

hilke40
Explorer
Explorer
Its possible that your tank if overfilled partially moved out of brackets. I would lower bottom and check, If you drill, you might drill thru the holding tank.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
The way i check them bow, i assume we are taking about sagging spots, is to drill or poke a hole in the bottom of them to see if there is any moisture there.

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
A picture would help.