cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bounce?

Antigua1767
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 31.5 Jayco Eagle Front Bunkhouse....I have JT Strongarm stabilizers. I also chalk the tires. We do several longer stay's...two weeks or more resort camping on concrete pads. I do not want to install a six point hydrolic stabilizer system. Has anyone added bottle jacks near the axles. Or any suggestions to get the slight bounce out of the springs?

Respectfully,
am
2012 Jayco Eagle 31.5FBHS
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Dually 3500
9 REPLIES 9

Antigua1767
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the comments and suggestions regarding the bounce...yes I have JT's on the rear as well...I will give jacks a try near the axles....and TomHaycraft...I was referring to the bounce in the trailer...we love the "motion" on our Sanya57 Fountaine...a great winter getaway :W
2012 Jayco Eagle 31.5FBHS
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Dually 3500

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Antigua1767 wrote:
We have a 31.5 Jayco Eagle Front Bunkhouse....I have JT Strongarm stabilizers. I also chalk the tires. We do several longer stay's...two weeks or more resort camping on concrete pads. I do not want to install a six point hydrolic stabilizer system. Has anyone added bottle jacks near the axles. Or any suggestions to get the slight bounce out of the springs?

We have the same- we have JT StrongArms front and rear and still have quite a bit of movement. Putting scissor jacks just forward of my axles is my next plan.

After that, I'll add step supports.

Do NOT waste your money on the Valterra Universal RV Stabilizer.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Have JTs but use jackstands under the frame instead. Jackstands work really well. I put mine behind the axles on the frame......lower front jacks....slide in jackstands.....tighten them up.......raise front jacks.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
TomHaycraft wrote:
When I see these topics, makes me thank my Dad for the many years of sailing we did when I was growing up. A bit of motion in the trailer brings back good memories.

Sailboat motion is different than the wiggle you get when sitting in a chair when someone's walking around and you are shaking. I find it annoying. I wouldn't want it that way at my house. I spent one summer commercial fishing with my brother so I know what you're talking about. With a boat you are in constant motion so it's a known movement. In a trailer it's only moving when someone walks. So it's perfectly still till someone gets up to get something then the wiggle.

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your problem is putting chalk on the tires!!

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
TomHaycraft wrote:
When I see these topics, makes me thank my Dad for the many years of sailing we did when I was growing up. A bit of motion in the trailer brings back good memories.

Me too Tom. I never have understood the problem with a little "wiggle". Much ado about nothing if you ask me, but of course, you didn't.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the JT's on the rear? Makes a big difference. Also how tight are you tightening the rear stabs? I usually set my 5'er level then put the rear stabs down, then give the fronts a little more to set the rears.
Like mentioned already try some jacks by the wheels.

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
We use jack stands on the frame just in front of the axles. Tried bottle jack and it creeps down, but jack stand is rock solid. Just get heavy duty stands. I raise front slightly, slide stand under frame thn lower down onto stand. Finally do rear stabilizers.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch