cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brands that are not owned by Thor?

kkesler
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking seriously about a new bumper pull toy hauler and would prefer something that isn't made by Thor. What else is there? Ideal would be ~30 ft long, at least 1 slide and separate garage and bedroom.
23 REPLIES 23

kkesler
Explorer
Explorer
mapguy wrote:
kkesler wrote:
New for 2014 is this Fun Finder XT300. This looks like the ticket, thoughts? Weight is right, two slides is nice, tanks are big enough, etc. etc.. The interior is very close to the Nitro XLR in layout.

http://www.cruiserrv.com/fun-finder-xtra/xt_300/specifications.html

IMO all the full bedroom bumper pull models are going to have GVWR near 10K if there is a realistic carrying capacity.

That makes sense, as all of the other units I have looked at in this size/option range weigh 9-10k.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
kkesler wrote:
New for 2014 is this Fun Finder XT300. This looks like the ticket, thoughts? Weight is right, two slides is nice, tanks are big enough, etc. etc.. The interior is very close to the Nitro XLR in layout.

With FR products, in my experience, -make sure you calculate your payload fully and compare those numbers to the specs. This is especially important for those that haul quads /SXS(UTV) and full potable water tanks plus full fuel stations. Also, remember that the dry weights listed on brochures and webpages do not include options or forced options. For accurate dry weights -look at the Federal Certification tags on showroom models.

IMO all the full bedroom bumper pull models are going to have GVWR near 10K if there is a realistic carrying capacity.

kkesler
Explorer
Explorer

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
As before Forest River has several makes Columbus, Puma, Work & Play, XLR, Wolf Pack, Hyperlite.......& More

kkesler
Explorer
Explorer
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
souraider wrote:
Here's a few.

Weekend Warrior part II

JUNK

C'mon now, I'm only interested in heartfelt, honest opinions here. What do you really think?

๐Ÿ˜„

None of those have separate bedroom and garage that I see so they won't make the cut anyway.

That Eclipse looks really nice but the weight concerns me, dunno if my E350 6 doh can handle that. Dry weight of 9920? Eek.

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
souraider wrote:
Here's a few.

Weekend Warrior part II

JUNK
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

taken
Explorer
Explorer

It would be interesting to know how much different each of the divisions really are. Just by looking at build quality and methodology of building toyhaulers, they look much the same. It seems to be a Chevy/GMC kind of relationship.

Certainly not in my experience. It was more like comparing a Cadillac dealer to the one where you bought a Chevy Cruze. Also it was like comparing the Cadillac to the Cruze. Service and quality were dead opposite.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
Y-Guy wrote:
ksss wrote:
That doesn't leave much left for toyhaulers.

Thor has three of the big ones; Keystone, Dutchmen and Heartland. That said many of the divisions, particularly Heartland, operate very independently. Not sure I would eliminate any one group like Thor or Forest River completely.

I agree. I had nothing but trouble with a Keystone product and zero customer support after the sale. I had the exact opposite experience with my current Heartland product. Both owned by the same parent company but different business models. This is just my experience and YMMV.

It would be interesting to know how much different each of the divisions really are. Just by looking at build quality and methodology of building toyhaulers, they look much the same. It seems to be a Chevy/GMC kind of relationship.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

kkesler
Explorer
Explorer

kkesler
Explorer
Explorer
Problem is (if I am looking correctly) is that they have both a 5th wheel and a bumper pull with the same model number. I am interested in the bumper pull but all I can find of it are exterior pictures and the floorplan.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
kkesler wrote:
That Stellar 32SBG looks quite nice, wish they had more pictures of it.

Just google it. Lots of dealer with tons of pics. Here's just one:

Clicky

GVWR 5675 ????
bumpy

taken
Explorer
Explorer
kkesler wrote:

Just google it. Lots of dealer with tons of pics. Here's just one:

Clicky
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

kkesler
Explorer
Explorer

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a few.

Weekend Warrior part II

pacific coachworks

eclipse-attitude
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R