cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove the wall between garage and kitchen

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new to this forum and newish to the rving world. I have a Fleetwood Redline 335 fifth wheel with an 8' garage. At the moment the garage is working out for me but we're about to buy a second quad and I will need more room. Question is, can I safely remove the demising wall between the garage and the kitchen. I've seen similar model and some Redline without the wall but mine came with one.
15 REPLIES 15

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for help tegarding posting a pic.

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
People the search is over. I found the same trailer, same model,same year without the said demizing wall. Looks like it was an option. Thanks for all your inputs and enjoy your rigs.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would suggest carefully start removing the paneling that is covering the wall so you can get a look inside. If it looks like it is structural you can close it back up or figure out a way to work around the structural issue.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Y-Guy
Patbob34 wrote:
Got a Polaris 570 2-up and looking at a BigBoss. Wish I could figure how to put pics on this.

Wow the big boss is huge, that's over 9'

I doubt the wall is structural, but I'm no expert. Is there a loft above? Most of the walls are just vapor barriers, but if it's more then that you'd need to reinforce things. You might contact a dealership that is known or doing some repair work in your area. If you were here I'd say call Drakes RV Services, many of the guys there have worked at various RV plants.

New! Easy Photo Upload & Posting Web App!
(thanks to Moderator 1492)
    A fast and easy way to post a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and receive a copy-n-paste image link for your forum post. Uploads directly to IMGUR.com servers. Resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. A shortcut to the web app is available at bit.ly/photo-upload.

If you need more help with posting photos please visit the RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
Poppy & Nana wrote:
You most likely have heating duct work & electrical "stuff" in between that wall.....

No electrical, no plumbing or ducting. thus wall is installed over the flooring (flooring under is continuous) same for walls and ceiling. All wiring going to the garage are going thru exterior walls and ceiling.

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Patbob34 wrote:
In my case the garage is only 8'x8'. Unless you own 2 fourtrax 350 you can't fit more than 1 even doggy style.

I don't know what you have, but I was able to load two Polaris Sportsman ATVs side by side, each were 48" wide, it was tight but they fit. What are you hauling?

Anmacc2 wrote:
I don't know the answer... Is there a way you can ask the manufacturer?

Sadly no. Fleetwood filed for bankruptcy and dropped the trailer division and kept the motorhome division going. Abandoned owners and warranty claims all together.

Got a Polaris 570 2-up and looking at a BigBoss. Wish I could figure how to put pics on this.

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
You most likely have heating duct work & electrical "stuff" in between that wall.....
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

Y-Guy
Patbob34 wrote:
In my case the garage is only 8'x8'. Unless you own 2 fourtrax 350 you can't fit more than 1 even doggy style.

I don't know what you have, but I was able to load two Polaris Sportsman ATVs side by side, each were 48" wide, it was tight but they fit. What are you hauling?

Anmacc2 wrote:

Sadly no. Fleetwood filed for bankruptcy and dropped the trailer division and kept the motorhome division going. Abandoned owners and warranty claims all together.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
That seems like a really bad idea to me. I don't own quads, but I've seen some pretty creative solutions here for loading quads. I'm sure you can fit more than one quad in your garage. Can you piggyback the front of one onto the rear of the other (doggy style)?

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Maybe the warning is there for exhaust reasons?

Roy Ken

Yes RoyB the warning is there for that reason. The (if equipped) part is realated to wall. Telling me some model don't have it. The wall looks like it's installed after everything else again pointing in the direction. Just wondering is someone here works in the field or tried himself with what result

dedmiston
That seems like a really bad idea to me. I don't own quads, but I've seen some pretty creative solutions here for loading quads. I'm sure you can fit more than one quad in your garage. Can you piggyback the front of one onto the rear of the other (doggy style)?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe the warning is there for exhaust reasons?

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Patbob34
Explorer
Explorer
I thought was that this is the only part helping to keep the body square. Is that even a concern?

On the other side, there's a sticker in the inside saying "keep garage door close (if equipped)

I really like the trailer and want to make fit my needs without damaging it.