cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cannot find electrical input on 97 Wildwood

BHD108
Explorer
Explorer
Firstly, I'm completely new to travel trailers. I'm trying to locate where I would plug in an external 110v power cord. In the compartment under the 5th wheel hitch there are two batteries and a charger. On the side of the trailer that is to the right of the battery compartment there is the water hose input and a compartment to the right of that which has two electrical cords with male ends. One cord charges the batteries and has a regular 110 3-prong plug. And the other has a has a 3-prong plug but one the prongs are sideways, and this is connected to some type of water pump, or water heater, not sure.

But I don't see any other source for an electrical input. I talked to the guy at the local RV sales and he said there should be a large 30 amp type plug, but I don't see anything like that.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
No, the converter will or should power 12 volt items and charge the battery.
The converter normally is located adjacent to the 120 volt AC power distribution panel. Next to the 120 volt AC circuit breakers maybe a small metal cover over the 12 volt DC fuses. It is possible that there could be a blown fuse if lights are not working off batteries. Many of the older ones are not that great. Newer multi-stage converters charge and maintain the batteries better.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

BHD108
Explorer
Explorer
The big 30 amp plug was in a small locked compartment at the very back of the trailer. I was thinking it would be at the side for some reason.

So, the lights and other things run of the battery powered 12v system? And they need another power input to charge the battery?

Thanks for all the replies.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
From the sounds of things it apears that you bought someones headaches. Tell us what year make and model the trailer is and I will bet there is at least 10 people that can tell you exactly where it is
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will be on the drivers side of the unit unless it is a rear kitchen model it would be behind the spare tire

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is some Photos
One shows the left side with shorepower connected. May not be your exact model, but they are all similar.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Google a 30 amp plug to see what it looks like. Sounds like the one you described is the 30 amp.

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
If its an older trailer, look near the back end on the drivers side, for a plastic door. A lot of times the plug is behind it, and just pulls out and plugs in to the post.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL