cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

carriage cameo storage door paddle.

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Cameo with a paddle latch assembly that I cannot get to release the door. I have had it apart and all I can come up with is its not moving the latch far enough to release. Ive done several searches on the Internet and cannot find this latch assembly. I think they call these slam doors. Any ideas would be appreciated.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch
3 REPLIES 3

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
On ours there is a screw on the latch that sometimes come loose, when that happens I just pull with the key until I can turn it. Tighten up the screw, but if I over tighten I'm unable to lock the door.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Road Runners for the help.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
On my Cameo the paddle latch lines up with the key slot. If you are turning the key so that the slot is parallel to the door edge it should unlatch, but obviously something is keeping yours from doing that. You might try gripping the round key holder on the outside with a suitable pair of pliers and try to turn the whole mechanism a bit more. This might help the paddle gain it's freedom.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel