cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cedar Creek Touring Edition (Full Body Paint)

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2016 Cedar creek 38RD and would like to hear the pros and cons of Full Body Paint.

One option you can get with this unit is what FR calls "Touring Edition" this includes not only the full body paint but it includes a 6 point Lippert hydraulic leveling system as well. This really softens the $5K sticker shock of full body paint.

Still, I would like to hear from folks about their opinions on full body paint.
39 REPLIES 39

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Next question...Do Cedar Creeks have either a option or a basement cable/satellite connection for a TV?

Just walked through the 38rd at Reines RV... It is beautiful... And there is TV outside..we really like the floor plan... A lot ..the ball is in their court , they were working numbers ,and calling me tomorrow ?.

We have not had a chance to see one "in Person" yet, but we are going to MI to visit parents in a couple of weeks and will be stopping by Jeff Couch's RV Nation in OH to look at one (Anyone have a good/bad/ugly report on them?)

Sounds like you were mightily impressed though! When you say TV outside, do you mean a TV or TV Hookups?

Would really like to see what they offer you -- although it may be apples to oranges - what options are you going for? (For our coach, we are opting for everything but the dishwasher - to include the 5.5KW Onan Genny & Washer & Dryer)

For the 'full monty' RV Nation quoted us just over $72K:
Your Price is $72706
New Cedar Creek 38RD Fifth Wheel
Equipment:
Carbon Monoxide Detector
Cedar Creek Explorer Package
Cedar Creek Special Package
Hathaway Edition
RVIA Seal
Touring Edition Full Body Paint, Classic Champagne
Autumn
Bike Rack Hitch Receiver, 1-1/4"
Thermopane Windows
TrailAir Air Ride Hitch Coupler
13,500 BTU Ducted Air Conditioner, Second
50A Cord Reel
Air Conditioner Heat Pump Upgrade
LP Generator, 5.5 kW Onan Marquis Gold
Slide Room Awning Toppers
Slide Room Awning Toppers Upgrade
Matching Ottoman w/Interior Storage
Matching Theater Seating, Power
Trump Home Luxury Queen Mattress
Beige Lux Furniture
30" Stainless Steel Convection Oven/Microwave
Minimal Carpet Throughout
Refrigerator, 20 cu ft Electric
Washer & Dryer, Front Loading

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Next question...Do Cedar Creeks have either a option or a basement cable/satellite connection for a TV?

I was watching the Jensen video, and they claimed there were three distinct zones (Den, Bedroom & Outside that could be configured for different output (now THAT is handy!) So...it would REALLY be handy if DW and her friends could be in the Coach watching a movie while other folks are sitting outside watching a football game!

That only seems possible though if there is provision for a TV hookup outside.
Or??

Just walked through the 38rd at Reines RV... It is beautiful... And there is TV outside..we really like the floor plan... A lot ..the ball is in their court , they were working numbers ,and calling me tomorrow ?.

I am sure the itch is strong now! Good luck with the $ Numbers!
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

HSVBamaBob wrote:

I was watching the Jensen video, and they claimed there were three distinct zones (Den, Bedroom & Outside that could be configured for different output (now THAT is handy!) So...it would REALLY be handy if DW and her friends could be in the Coach watching a movie while other folks are sitting outside watching a football game!

Or??

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Explorer
Explorer
you can get the 6 point leveling system with out getting the full body paint... I do not think the full body paint is worth it I would rather spend the money on something else. the 38rd is a great looking trailer best of luck

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Ours has a cable hanging down in the basement. Not sure if it was there or someone fished it through the walls.

That option wont do you any good if you use a tailgater or the like. Just keep that in mind. Yea we love our creek too.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer

Or??

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We bought local after using a show price from Camping World and the local dealer matched the price, funny thing is the Camping World could be considered local also but went the smaller local dealer.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
HSVBamaBob wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Soooo mildly hijacking my own thread....Where did you buy your Cedar Creek? Local or one of those mega-stores (Jeff Crouch's RV Nation is one I have spoke to)

They (Jeff Couch) have very attractive numbers on Both the 38RD and the 38FL... I am curious also as I am heading to Richmond tomorrow for the race and plan on stopping in to see both those floor plans at Reines RV.. It just opened in Ashland.. $15,000.00 difference in the advertised price ..not actual selling price..

Yeah -- I want to take the Jeff Couch quote to our local dealer and see if they can come close. I would prefer to buy local but if there is a $10K+ difference I may be forced to go to a Mega Center 😞

Let me know what you find out at Reines RV!

IMO I would not have a problem buying @ Jeff Couch's if ur local dealer doesn't match the price - we bought our CC far from home and the closest CC dealer has worked on it for warranty issues two years ago and even replaced a failed convection mic this year that was cover by GS extended warranty. CC told me I can take it to any CC dealer/repair facility. Also as full timers we may not be on this side of the country!
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Soooo mildly hijacking my own thread....Where did you buy your Cedar Creek? Local or one of those mega-stores (Jeff Crouch's RV Nation is one I have spoke to)

They (Jeff Couch) have very attractive numbers on Both the 38RD and the 38FL... I am curious also as I am heading to Richmond tomorrow for the race and plan on stopping in to see both those floor plans at Reines RV.. It just opened in Ashland.. $15,000.00 difference in the advertised price ..not actual selling price..

Yeah -- I want to take the Jeff Couch quote to our local dealer and see if they can come close. I would prefer to buy local but if there is a $10K+ difference I may be forced to go to a Mega Center 😞

Let me know what you find out at Reines RV!

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
Grumbine's out of Hershey which is now CW of Harrisburg.
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

HSVBamaBob wrote:

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Soooo mildly hijacking my own thread....
I think you're entitled to do that! 😄
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer

HSVBamaBob wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies folks! I was pretty convinced that Full Body Paint was the way to go but DW was balking at the price...not so much now that she has seen your comments 😄

WOW ! ! I am impressed... all it took was some input from us to put her over the top?? have her call my DW . .!!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

igor2brvn
Explorer
Explorer
HSVBamaBob wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Nice feature, but the dark colors they mfg's tend to use would make it really hard to cool in hot climates I would think.

Which is why we were considering the "Champaign" color scheme.

BTW, does anyone know what the "Custom Paint" option is in the Cedar creek? :?

Custom paint is partial paint, no vinyl graphics except CC lettering.
My unit is custom paint, with three colors over the white.
From the peak of good living
Eager to be RVing
2011 Cedar Creek Custom 36RE
2008 Ford F-350 CC Lariat DRW 6.4L Diesel
"Ford makes it, International shakes it!"