cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cedar Creek Touring Edition (Full Body Paint)

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2016 Cedar creek 38RD and would like to hear the pros and cons of Full Body Paint.

One option you can get with this unit is what FR calls "Touring Edition" this includes not only the full body paint but it includes a 6 point Lippert hydraulic leveling system as well. This really softens the $5K sticker shock of full body paint.

Still, I would like to hear from folks about their opinions on full body paint.
39 REPLIES 39

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
My full body paint option was $7,000. I HOPE it was a good decision. I think it will be.

Your rig looks gorgeous!

One thing I have been told about FBP is it is MUCH easier to wash & keep clean than Gelcoat/decals.

Thank you! We should have it delivered to us in a couple days.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
No different than washing the truck.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
My full body paint option was $7,000. I HOPE it was a good decision. I think it will be.

Your rig looks gorgeous!

One thing I have been told about FBP is it is MUCH easier to wash & keep clean than Gelcoat/decals.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
rmalik1 wrote:
Mtwoodson wrote:
We shopped online and bought a loaded Cedar Creek Silverback at NationalRVDetroit. (Crouch didn't have just what MSW wanted.) Got just what she wanted with about a 33% discount from MSRP. It seemed to be worth the six-hour drive.

Thats were we bought our CC from, Didn't know Jeff Couch existed at the time. Would have looked at what they had if I would have. I also got the approx 1/3 off.

That's what we have been told as well. Try to get a actual MSRP and deduct 35% from that is a good negotiating starting point.

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
Mtwoodson wrote:
We shopped online and bought a loaded Cedar Creek Silverback at NationalRVDetroit. (Crouch didn't have just what MSW wanted.) Got just what she wanted with about a 33% discount from MSRP. It seemed to be worth the six-hour drive.

Thats were we bought our CC from, Didn't know Jeff Couch existed at the time. Would have looked at what they had if I would have. I also got the approx 1/3 off.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

Mtwoodson
Explorer
Explorer
Mtwoodson
Save the whales..., collect the whole set

Well... I will say that after speaking to Jeff Couch , I decided to give another run to my local folks.. At the end of the day, 1 came within $2000.00 and the other by $3000.00. all that via phone , I am sure that once I went in with cash money , I could get even closer.. too close not to buy locally..
BUT we decided to wait.. With the wholesale numbers , we were also getting wholesale trade values.. That meant we were getting $15,000.00 ONLY trade.. I cannot do that.. Too much work into it for that.. Were thinking of using it for our planned trips this summer , and at that point try to sell it ourselves...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for FBP and 6-point. Didn't think I needed either before I got them. Glad I got them now.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

RwaSmith
Explorer
Explorer
HSVBamaBob wrote:
RwaSmith wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Next question...Do Cedar Creeks have either a option or a basement cable/satellite connection for a TV?

I was watching the Jensen video, and they claimed there were three distinct zones (Den, Bedroom & Outside that could be configured for different output (now THAT is handy!) So...it would REALLY be handy if DW and her friends could be in the Coach watching a movie while other folks are sitting outside watching a football game!

That only seems possible though if there is provision for a TV hookup outside.
Or??

I miss led you... There is a HOOK UP for a TV... not an actual tv..

And by the way , I was 100% honest with them... I asked if they matched the online super wholesalers... they explained why they wont MATCH (mainly overhead)but said CLOSE ..I agreed BUT they know that I have no issues taking a ride to save...

Good to hear - and it will be interesting to see how "Close" they can get.

On another forum (FRF) I have read positive things about Jeff Couch and TBH, they have not pressured me at all (phone or email) so far (we'll see how that continues when we stop by the dealership next month 🙂

Nah, you didn't mislead! I just wanted clarification!

Next question -- got the hookups (In the basement right?) Did the basement by chance have a swing out arm that your could attach a TV to? Reason I ask is out 5er (Rockwood 8289) has that feature and for outside watching, you just unhook the bedroom TV and put it on the swing out TV arm 🙂

If not, wonder how hard a Mod this would be? and, perhaps instead of taking out the BR TV, you could just buy a extra one and store it in the basement.

We are going to Jeff Couch on Saturday to pickup our new TT. They have been very good. They seem a little rushed on the phone when I have talked to them within the past few weeks. But my sales rep has been very responsive.

I just assume they are very busy.

Who have you been talking with? We were contacted by Charles Thomas

We have been working with Joe Cole. I will let you know how it goes.
2016 Forrest River Vibe 308BHS
2010 Chevy Suburban 2500

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
RwaSmith wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:
Next question...Do Cedar Creeks have either a option or a basement cable/satellite connection for a TV?

I was watching the Jensen video, and they claimed there were three distinct zones (Den, Bedroom & Outside that could be configured for different output (now THAT is handy!) So...it would REALLY be handy if DW and her friends could be in the Coach watching a movie while other folks are sitting outside watching a football game!

Or??

And by the way , I was 100% honest with them... I asked if they matched the online super wholesalers... they explained why they wont MATCH (mainly overhead)but said CLOSE ..I agreed BUT they know that I have no issues taking a ride to save...

On another forum (FRF) I have read positive things about Jeff Couch and TBH, they have not pressured me at all (phone or email) so far (we'll see how that continues when we stop by the dealership next month 🙂

Next question -- got the hookups (In the basement right?) Did the basement by chance have a swing out arm that your could attach a TV to? Reason I ask is out 5er (Rockwood 8289) has that feature and for outside watching, you just unhook the bedroom TV and put it on the swing out TV arm 🙂

If not, wonder how hard a Mod this would be? and, perhaps instead of taking out the BR TV, you could just buy a extra one and store it in the basement.

We are going to Jeff Couch on Saturday to pickup our new TT. They have been very good. They seem a little rushed on the phone when I have talked to them within the past few weeks. But my sales rep has been very responsive.

Who have you been talking with? We were contacted by Charles Thomas

RwaSmith
Explorer
Explorer
HSVBamaBob wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:

Or??

2016 Forrest River Vibe 308BHS
2010 Chevy Suburban 2500

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
HSVBamaBob wrote:

Or??

HSVBamaBob wrote:

Or??

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet