cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cougar High Country Tires

LakeEffect
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 High Country 291rls. It came with ST 225 75 R15 "D" tires, rated at 65psi.
I called my local tire shop and they stock Carlisle Radial Trail RH in that size but in the "E" 80psi rating. I Have the stock 6 bolt aluminum Keystone rims. The guy at the shop said they would be fine. Have any of you Keystone owners upgraded to the "E" tires?
They can order the "D" but I would like the upgraded tire if the rims can handle it.
Sorry to start another tire thread!
2011 Cougar 291 High Country
2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0
2 Kayaks, 2 bikes, golf clubs and hiking shoes
Suzuki V Strom 650
Cody, Yellow Lab/Brittany mix
17 REPLIES 17

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I've been running the "E" Carlisles on my Keystone rims for the last six months. No problems encountered yet. I'm keeping a good eye on the tires and they appear to be holding up well.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

therink
Explorer
Explorer
My last fiver had 15" wheels and came with LRD junk tires. I upgraded mine to LRE 15" 22575R15 Maxxis. I The heavier tire made a large improvement in handling and road mannerism. They are a far superior tire than most any Chinese brand xxxxxxxx that comes on most of today's trailers.
I can't speak on the Carlisle Es but research I have done points to Maxxis being a better tire.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
LakeEffect wrote:
I have a 2011 High Country 291rls. It came with ST 225 75 R15 "D" tires, rated at 65psi.
I called my local tire shop and they stock Carlisle Radial Trail RH in that size but in the "E" 80psi rating. I Have the stock 6 bolt aluminum Keystone rims. The guy at the shop said they would be fine. Have any of you Keystone owners upgraded to the "E" tires?
They can order the "D" but I would like the upgraded tire if the rims can handle it.
Sorry to start another tire thread!

My Komfort came with D tires and Al rims, but the rims =are= rated for 80 psi, so I put E rated tires on as soon as I had to change. Even if you only have 65 psi rims, check into getting Maxxis tires. I'm running those E rated Carlisles, but I'm watching them like a hawk. The Maxxis would be a better choice. Your rims might have to be broken down to be sure they're 80 psi rated as some are stamped in the valley between the rims and not externally. Fortunately, mine are stamped on the outside.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member