cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crazy idea- add 1/2 bath to garage area?

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so here's my wild idea for the moment. Let's say there's a Toy Hauler that I like but it doesn't have a 1/2 bath. (And a 1/2 bath is on our absolute "must have" list for us.)

How crazy is it to build a 1/2 bath in the garage?

And assume that I don't mind losing garage space to it.

The idea:
Here's my wild-idea... put the black tank on the floor and then build the bathroom on top of it. There would be a step up into the bathroom. The toilet on one side and then the sink on the other. Like my current 1/2 bath, the tank would be vented with an air admittance valve under the sink and the sink itself would be have a real p-trap. Looking at random black tank offerings, you could get a 15-20 gallon tank in a variety of sizes and depths.

Dumping it:
So then the next thing is- you'd need a way to dump it. You should be able to plumb in a end of line termination valve directly close to the tank or with maybe a short stub of a 3" pipe.

If the tank is set back from the wall- you could put in a long shallow hatch (like this? might be a little long for what is needed). The trick there is watching where studs are in the wall and making sure there's an un-interrupted span for the hatch.

You could even add a black tank flush right there.

Supplying water:
I guess that's the trickiest part. You'd have to run all new PEX lines. I assue you would just T-off near an existing fixture.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page
31 REPLIES 31

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Your camper, your modification. Go for it! Sounds reasonable to me.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Your clicky isn't working.
I think running the Pex lines would be the easiest part of this project.