cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom truck bed

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was just out at a nearby gas station near an Interstate exit. As I was pulling in, a 5th wheel was pulling out. It was a 32-34’ or thereabouts rig being pulled by an SRW Superduty.

I was checking out the rig, when I noticed he had maybe a foot of clearance above his bed rails and I could see the hitch. I only got a quick glance, but it looked like somebody had “chopped” the factory box. Anybody seen a commercial product like this or is it maybe a custom job or even a response to a dropping or pin box contact incident?

It looked a little odd, but I’d think it would be much more multipurpose than a typical 5th wheel bed.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73
3 REPLIES 3

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I built a hauler bed with low sides and it's a great all-purpose bed. I saw a hot-shotter with a g-neck full of beds that must have just comes from a body shop. They looked nearly stock but had the sides cut down and rolled similar to the stock contour... great idea but I'm sure not cheap Craig
This bed is now on my 12.

2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
This still had some bed sides. Looked basically like they cut 6” out of the bed sides and then lowered the bed rails. Had I been a minute earlier I’d have asked them or at least gotten a good look at it.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check a company called Herrin Haulers out of East Texas (Kilgore maybe?).
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"