cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
Ask them for a separate warranty for the front end and the internal structure in case something turns up later while you're using it. Good luck. At least they owned up to the damage.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks ... you're gonna love this one.

Our fiver is at the dealer for some warrenty work (still the fridge issue, and a couple leaking windows). I get a call this afternoon from my Service Advisor who says ... We still haven't been able to get the fridge to fail on us ... and we had a slight accident with your trailer ... uummm WHAT !?!?

Appears they did what I've had nightmares about ... dropped the fiver on their truck when moving it !!!!!! :S

Punched a hole in the front cap, so now they have to replace it AND the decals. It was gettin' kinda dirty anyway ... :B
(The front landing gear did not hit the ground.)

They said once they get the cap off they'll inspect for any other damage .... so tell me ... what should I expect? The dealer doesn't think there will be any other damage ...?

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

mollyfluff
Explorer
Explorer
2007 dura...I still have my camper and I will not give it away in a trade...so I'm just waiting. Hopefully I'll be ordering soon!!!
Brian, Patti, and Cody
2010 Jayco Eagle 351RLSA
Curt Q5 20k Hitch
2005 F350 CC 6.0 Powerstroke
Amsoil By-Pass System w/Series 3000

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
mollyfluff wrote:
My wife really likes the Designer, whereas I am cheap and like the Eagle.

So when are you ordering your Designer?
Remember, momma ain't happy, nobodys happy.:B
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
As I said before I got a quote from RV Direct for our Designer with most of the options and then took the quote to our local dealer to see if they would match (or at least come close); to our amazement they matched which started the process of us getting our Designer...that also led to the series of events, as most of you remember, about us having to wait 5 months before we finally did get our Designer but we did...unfortunately for us our dealership was bought by a larger dealer (whose name I won't mention but you get the GENERAL idea) who has a reputation of just not terrible but awful service after the sale...

OK...what did I miss about the "low ballers" from Michigan???

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
It has ALWAYS been my sense that when you buy anything, you are not just buying a "thing" you are buying the dealer too. If you don't like the dealer, the deal or the location DO NOT buy there. If your "gut" tells you that you are not comfortable some place, leave and go where you are comfortable. The decision to buy makes you a long time partner of the whom ever you buy from, like them or not. Make that knowledge part of how you buy, what you buy and where. It is hard to divorce yourself from a dealer that is the only place to get service or other help you might need for the RV YOU fell in love with. They may not care later but you sure will.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
mollyfluff wrote:
.... when I mentioned RV Direct with one of my local dealers, they told me that they are NOT doing warranty work for people who decide to purchase from RV Direct or those other "low ballers" from Michigan.

I had a local dealer tell me the same thing. When it came time for some warranty work I took it in and spoke to the service manager. Asked him about it and he laughed ... said those salesman will tell you anything, won't they.

That dealer does all my service work and treat me VERY well.

I imagine there are dealers out there that will not service it ... but that tells you alot about their "business sense" ... or lack of ... doesn't it? :h

CRUZ
HR & Beth

mike77leprechau
Explorer
Explorer
mollyfluff wrote:
Cruz....I did check out RV Direct pricing and they will definitely save me some green. One funny thing, when I mentioned RV Direct with one of my local dealers, they told me that they are NOT doing warranty work for people who decide to purchase from RV Direct or those other "low ballers" from Michigan. That attitude kinda ticked me off and I do believe I will be finding a different dealer. I don't understand why they wouldn't want the service jobs as I understand, Jayco pays the dealer for the warranty work that they do. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Brian

My problem with that thinking by the dealer is when you GIVE THEM THE CHANCE to step up to the plate and they won't they shouldn't blame you for going elsewhere. I would think any reasonable buyer would pay 500-1000 more to buy local as the trip to get the rig from a wholesaler will probably cost in that range if not more. BUT if they don't want to come close they shouldn't refuse you work for saving significant money

I just bought a Jayflight last year and got three quotes. $22500 MSRP

Dealer 1 80 miles away $15800
Dealer 2 160 miles away $17996
RVD $17199

So, RVD was high but inline with dealer 2. Dealer 1 knew I was shopping and threw me a "get in here and buy the darn thing" price.

talking with dealer 2, they assured me that I would get the best "buying Experience" with them even though their price was high, and warned me if I bought elsewhere after getting a quote from them it would go in there computer to refuse me service.

I guess all dealers run different. I got my RVD quote as a reference and when disclosed to the dealer I was given the lowest possible price because he figured if I was shopping RVD I'd eventually find it cheaper elsewhere.
Current Rig: 2018 Forest River Salem 32BHI Towed with a 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4-5.7 Hemi/4x4/3.92/8 Speed Auto

"You should really invest in a Diesel 1 ton to properly tow that popup"

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
mollyfluff wrote:
Cruz....I did check out RV Direct pricing and they will definitely save me some green. One funny thing, when I mentioned RV Direct with one of my local dealers, they told me that they are NOT doing warranty work for people who decide to purchase from RV Direct or those other "low ballers" from Michigan. That attitude kinda ticked me off and I do believe I will be finding a different dealer. I don't understand why they wouldn't want the service jobs as I understand, Jayco pays the dealer for the warranty work that they do. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Brian

Let us know when you get that Designer.:B

Bill
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

mollyfluff
Explorer
Explorer

Brian
Brian, Patti, and Cody
2010 Jayco Eagle 351RLSA
Curt Q5 20k Hitch

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
mollyfluff wrote:
Thanks for all the help folks!! My wife really likes the Designer, whereas I am cheap and like the Eagle. We are mostly weekend campers and where I would really like the Designer, I just don't know if I can justify the extra money. ......

Check out www.rvdirect.com. You can get a quote on-line and at least give you an idea of pricing out there on a Designer. Might just make that "extra money" a little less painful ??

CRUZ
HR & Beth

mollyfluff
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help Rough!! What ply tires is on it if you know Rough? Thanks again....Brian
Brian, Patti, and Cody
2010 Jayco Eagle 351RLSA
Curt Q5 20k Hitch

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Mollyfluff

We have a 2009 34RLQS Designer. One of the reasons we went with the Designer was the King bed option. We could not talk Jayco into making the King an option on the Eagle.

Our 09 has two outside speakers...one on each side of the door. I believe this was standard.

We spent about twenty days in our Designer last all before the end of the season. This is truly a great trailer...until you get ready to wax it...that puppy sure is big.
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

mollyfluff
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help folks!! My wife really likes the Designer, whereas I am cheap and like the Eagle. We are mostly weekend campers and where I would really like the Designer, I just don't know if I can justify the extra money. I guess my "wants" have not yet turned into "needs" yet. The one thing I would LOVE on the Eagle would be to get a King bed and it doesn't offer that option, but my dealer mentioned that that might be doable and he could call Jayco and find out as they are the same frame and floorplans. Once again....Thanks folks....Brian
Brian, Patti, and Cody
2010 Jayco Eagle 351RLSA
Curt Q5 20k Hitch

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
Mollyfluff

There are a couple of us out here that have 2008 RLSA's and Jayco did not offer rlsa in the Eagle last year. One difference is the cabinets on the inside. The Desinger comes with maple cabinets and has different fabric options. There are a couple of options available on the Desinger you can't get in the Eagle, I believe a convection oven is one. You do want the upgraded suspension, I would also get the electric rear jacks, both are standard on the Designer. I had problems with the remote front jacks and would not get that option again. The 2009 has a different frame under the trailer and I no nothing about it. If I had to do it over I probally would have gotten the Eagle, however right now there are 2008 Desinger's out there I would consider looking at. I know there is a new one on Ebay. For us it was between the RLTS and the RLSA, my wife choose the RLSA and we love it. Let us know what happens.