Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door County Cell Reception

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Folks!
We are traveling to Door County in the late summer and need to verify cell coverage.

Can anyone weigh in with experience with Verizon coverage (data and phone) on the peninsula?

Thanks
2015 F350 King Ranch Dually 4x4, 22k Reese hitch
2011 Carriage Cameo 37cksls
Sarah (most beautiful creature in the world)
Mickey (105lb golden - good thing he's pretty)
Ashlee (85lb lab - spectacular pal)
Dutch (120lb lab - young one in training)
9 REPLIES 9

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We were up there last fall, at that time we still had Sprint and our phones worked "ok". We are now U S Cellular customers and haven't been back up there but we have friends that live in Sturgeon Bay. They claim to not have any issues with their U S Cellular phones.

It's not that remote there so you should be ok.

Dan

joe_puma
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on the AT&T its never been good there.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Good thing you didn't say AT&T, they were nonexistent the last time I was at Door Peninsula. I think US Cellular is big up there.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
Easiest thing to do is to go on your carriers site and look at the coverage map.

Ken

Thanks Ken, and I would agree if those maps weren't produced by marketing teams. I am seeking real experiences. It's like New Coke, it never was what was advertised and cost CCE (coca cola enterprises) billions.
2015 F350 King Ranch Dually 4x4, 22k Reese hitch
2011 Carriage Cameo 37cksls
Sarah (most beautiful creature in the world)
Mickey (105lb golden - good thing he's pretty)
Ashlee (85lb lab - spectacular pal)
Dutch (120lb lab - young one in training)

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Easiest thing to do is to go on your carriers site and look at the coverage map.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll let you know. We'll be there in two weeks.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We had very good Verizon coverage all over the Door and that includes Northport at the tip.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Call Verizon Tech Support and they can tell you exactly, at least where the nearest towers are. Reception depends on several things, such as terrain and weather.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent coverage that area is not that remote
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks