cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dump hose

g4sbrg
Explorer
Explorer
having to get a few items together for my first trip, just bought online what looks to be a good dump hose with adapters, I guess I will possibly need a few power adapters, water hoses and wyes, what do yall uses to store the dump hose 90s and adapters a large Tupperware tub, will it seal the smell enough?
10 REPLIES 10

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
g4sbrg wrote:
having to get a few items together for my first trip, just bought online what looks to be a good dump hose with adapters, I guess I will possibly need a few power adapters, water hoses and wyes, what do yall uses to store the dump hose 90s and adapters a large Tupperware tub, will it seal the smell enough?

I put mine in a zip-lock bag prior to storing in a plastic tub. Yes, you will all you mentioned above.

yall? ๐Ÿ˜‰

That is the Southern equivalent for you guys (Northern).
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

kayakcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I built a stinky slinky holder (just Google it as there are lots of them). I built mine with end caps on my eaves trough sections (two in total) 1) for the hose, 2) smaller one for gloves etc. Nice thing about this unit is when it gets dirty you just pull it a part and clean everything with the power washer.

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
we use the regular way to dump.black first,and the grey next, so the pipe wont smell as bad, plus has a 8" pvc pipe attached under the bottom. and out the way happy-camping

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to a website that has checklists for stocking your RV as well as pre trip inspections etc.

RV Checklists

I keep my hoses in bumper and the adapters in a sealed plastic tub. I use the Flush King which allows me to rinse the hose out when done dumping tanks. I also always wear gloves when handling anything related to the sewer system. I occasionally fill the tub with a disinfectant soap and let the stuff soak then rinse then air dry and then back into RV. Never had any issue with smells.
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

fwnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on the bumper and gloves. I use a 5 gal bucket to store the coiled water flush hose. Also toss the bucket in the truck bed for the ride home. DW keeps soap and towel at the ready for when the gloves come off.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I store the hose in the bumper. It's a rhino flex and is stored with the end caps in place. I keep the sewer adapter in a plastic coffee can in the storage bin. There's never been an odor problem, but I'm pretty religious about flushing it. Every once in a while I soak the sewer adapter in a bleach solution. And, I too use disposable nitrile gloves when handling the sewer hose. Bought a huge box of them 3 years ago for $10 and am still using them.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
some use the rear bumper to store their hoses. I have done both the bumper and a large tub over the years. I always wear disposable gloves when touching the hose and the tub and the grey garden hose I use for cleaning out the large dump hose. I take nothing to chance when handling any of that stuff. a little bleach in the tub helps keep down the germs.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
g4sbrg wrote:

Very little smell out of the hoses. Dump the black first, rinse it a couple times with the flush system, then dump the grey. I'll unhook the flush hose and rinse the big hose out after disconnecting. I then lock the 2 ends of the dump hose together, sealing in anything.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do exactly that, no issues with smell from our experience. Of course I don't make a habit of putting the stinky slinky or attachments anywhere near my nose. Occasionally rinse out Rubbermaid tub but that's from habit and not due to excessive odor. After flushing gray water through sewer hose and a quick rinse thereafter, not much left to make the odor overly offensive.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
g4sbrg wrote:

I put mine in a zip-lock bag prior to storing in a plastic tub. Yes, you will all you mentioned above.

yall? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....