cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E85 in fuel station?

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at running an E85 tune on my SxS (for the dunes) and am curious if anyone out there has filled their fuel station for a week or so without issue? Not looking to store long term as I know the issues with E85 and storage. Obviously I can't run the onboard genny with E85 in there but I should be fine for the weekend without having to run it
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
4 REPLIES 4

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Ford 6.2 flex fuel engine delivers more torque and better mpg on 91 pump gas vs 87 gas. I suspect it would pull better yet on E85.

This information was gathered using the seat of the pants dyno while operating the trans in "manual hold the gear mode" in many side road mountainous terrains/altitudes during a 4500 mile trip hauling a camper and towing a 20 ft enclosed trailer.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
i don't think the fuel stations will like e85 imo. i could be very wrong and have never personally tried it. i too run e85 for many reasons. #1 on the list is it's only $1.80 per gal here and 105 octane! the 2nd reason is i run 30 psi boost lol

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Yep I'll be running dual tunes on a Can-am X3. E85 for the dunes and 91 octane everywhere else. E85 is good for another 30+ HP with proper tune on a turbo car. I wouldn't bother with E85 on a N/A machine
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
For a week, you are not likely going to have a problem. Just make sure to drain all of it before storing longer ?

The only people who really "like" E85 are people running turbochargers with a LOT of boost !