cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electric landing gear

sail2liv
Explorer
Explorer
Landing gear would not lift 5er high enough to unhitch when not hooked to shore power....Tow Vehicle hooked to trailer and engine still running after a 10 mile tow when tried to raise off hitch..
Battery fluid full, but did not check status lights before trying to lift...tow haul engaged - truck battery fine....always thought when hooked to trailer would get extra boost from truck battery...landing gear motor would raise it some then no more, sounded weak, but then when connect shore power sounded strong and lifted right off....
5 REPLIES 5

sail2liv
Explorer
Explorer
More good input - so far our trailer has always received a charge from TV when we have boon docked for a night at Wally world or truck stop.....but a special fuse for the charging of the trailer is good to know about....have put 7 pin test light in all plugs and it shows current at all pins.....going to trouble shoot the system as soon as these 105 temps break ......hopefully the push/pull batt switch will be in off position......and that will tell me the whole story.

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of TV do you have? My 2008 GMC did not have the fuse in the fuse box that allowed me to being charging the battery when hooked up to the truck....discovered it after 5 years and that was by luck.....it was when my converter failed (which I knew) and hooking up to the truck did not charge the battery and hence I could not raise my landing gear.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

sail2liv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for disconnect switch input....is the push/pull type and I was fumbling around in there and may have bumped, so that probably kept converter from charging batt.....and it may not disconnect the jack motor.....that would have made the batt low.....thanks....I will be investigating for sure....

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your battery is either drained/bad or you have a disconnect that has the battery off to the system.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dead trailer battery.