cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evergreen Out of Business

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
RVTravel.com reporting they shut their doors.

There are quite a few people on here who owned and loved them.

Seems weird especially since the economy is doing pretty well.
41 REPLIES 41

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
There goes my warranty
Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Shame really, as the Company had built this 30ft Ultralight for the Australian, New Zealand and UK markets

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
To me a quality built RV outweighs the fact it is a orphan. Would not stop me from buying one if I was in the market.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
According to an article in RV Daily Report today, there are about 30 people still working, finishing up the last few units for delivery. After that, the plant will shut and everything auctioned off in the next couple weeks.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
It would appear that you are *not* happy with the "insinuation" by GoPackGo..:M

However, it would appear your son is happy his purchase worked out well..:C

Appearances aside, too bad another mfgr is gone..:(

Anyway, it would appear it's time to close this thread?..:@

~

donpop
Explorer
Explorer
GoPackGo:

Your insinuation that the dealer knew the EverGreen plant was closing and some way they were not telling the customer about no warranty, etc., is completely out of line. How come it is always the dealer's fault? Posters really are "tough" when not spending their own money!

The contract with my son was signed over a week before the plant closing. Most of the dealers did not know about the closing until they read it in the media last Friday. A spokesman for EverGreen said "We have not told the dealers anything unless they call, and we tell them exactly this - that right now it's tough." This closing is costing the dealers big bucks to move their inventory.

My son, who had not completed the paper work, and had not taken delivery, worked out a deal yesterday with the dealer. After telling the dealer he would not take delivery of the unit minus the warranty they called him back later and offered him a four year nationwide service plan with roadside assistance, motels, etc. at no charge if he wouldn't cancel the order. He finally said OK as they had been working back and forth for the last month and really wanted that floor plan. He has had several RVs so he is not new to this game. It's nice that both the customer and the dealer were able to work out an agreement that was not the fault of either party.
2012 Ford Super Duty F350 XLT CC 4x4, LB SRW, 6.7
2008 Cardinal 34QS
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo
Double Tow Two Yamaha Grizzly ATVs

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
donpop wrote:
I have a son that put down a $500 deposit on an Evergreen Travel trailer last week and was to pick it up Saturday. He had a check in his pocket for the balance. Fortunately he had to work and was scheduled to pick the trailer at 9:00 next Saturday.

When I saw this post about Evergreen closing I immediately got a hold of him. He plans on contacting the dealer today and will offer to take the trailer for another $2500 off or will walk. He will not take delivery without a warranty unless the price is so low he can gamble. If they are not interested he is already dealing on a Keystone which was their second choice. He will give up his $500 deposit if he has to but under the circumstances I don't see how they can refuse a refund. Really sad as his wife really fell in love with the trailer due to large counter layout.

$2500 may or may not be a lot of money. I'd be talking percentages. And it would be a double digit percentage. And I'd make sure the dealer knows that I know the manufacturer is out of business and that I know the dealer must have just forgotten to tell me that.

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
donpop wrote:
I have a son that put down a $500 deposit on an Evergreen Travel trailer last week and was to pick it up Saturday. He had a check in his pocket for the balance. Fortunately he had to work and was scheduled to pick the trailer at 9:00 next Saturday.

When I saw this post about Evergreen closing I immediately got a hold of him. He plans on contacting the dealer today and will offer to take the trailer for another $2500 off or will walk. He will not take delivery without a warranty unless the price is so low he can gamble. If they are not interested he is already dealing on a Keystone which was their second choice. He will give up his $500 deposit if he has to but under the circumstances I don't see how they can refuse a refund. Really sad as his wife really fell in love with the trailer due to large counter layout.

If it was me, I'd make that offer but wouldn't walk as previously mentioned.. ALL of the working parts of that trailer are covered under their individual mfg warranties anyway. The only thing not covered would be fit/finish offered by Evergreen and possibly the body of the camper (aka leaks?). If you/he are not DIY then a decent dealer will assist, but not if you knock the $$ to begin with(?).

I would continue with the deal and keep the happy wife (I've learned that's worth more than $2500 - LOL
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Arcamper wrote:
I guess when everyone left the building they left the computer on because the web site is still up and running. Nothing about a shut down.

I assume you're joking. Their website is hosted off site, for sure.

It would be a good idea for any Evergreen/Lifestyle owner to download, copy, etc. any information they might need from the site before it goes down . . . especially owner manuals and floor plans.

Floor plans are really handy when you're looking at a used unit online. Most ads don't include the floor plans.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
donpop wrote:

Perhaps the dealer could provide a 3rd party extended warranty to him?

donpop
Explorer
Explorer

2012 Ford Super Duty F350 XLT CC 4x4, LB SRW, 6.7
2008 Cardinal 34QS
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo
Double Tow Two Yamaha Grizzly ATVs

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I guess when everyone left the building they left the computer on because the web site is still up and running. Nothing about a shut down.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
SabreCanuck wrote:
I kinda disagree.. But, I think I'm the minority.

I would love to buy a brand new non-warranty Orphan but would expect to save big $$$ in doing so. If you are any kind of DIY then it would be opportunity to save big money on a known QUALITY unit.

We have purchased 3 brand new units in the last few years and not one of them went back to dealer for any repair. There were lots of little things to repair, but did them myself in the driveway instead of giving up the trailer waiting at the dealer for some wash bay jockey to learn how to fix something on my trailer. (FYI - I've been a wash bay jockey so no offense).

Good point, Carriage went out of business two months after we bought our Cameo. I've talked to several Cameo owners that got some great deals and we could have saved some serious money. We've only had a few things go wrong and I found out that the suppliers to Carriage were great to deal with. Also our dealer offered us a discount on labor and parts, if we needed it. When I looked at what used Cameo's are selling for it looks to me that the price is holding up because they made a quality product.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
I kinda disagree.. But, I think I'm the minority.

I would love to buy a brand new non-warranty Orphan but would expect to save big $$$ in doing so. If you are any kind of DIY then it would be opportunity to save big money on a known QUALITY unit.

We have purchased 3 brand new units in the last few years and not one of them went back to dealer for any repair. There were lots of little things to repair, but did them myself in the driveway instead of giving up the trailer waiting at the dealer for some wash bay jockey to learn how to fix something on my trailer. (FYI - I've been a wash bay jockey so no offense).
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚