cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Got it!

Ramblin_Recks
Explorer
Explorer
Had a great trip (9 days, 1700 miles) picking up the new 36ckts! 3 days and 300 miles later, I wanted to use the rinse for the black tank for the first time after I dumped. I left the valve open, connected the hose and very little water came out the valve ( I have a clear elbow), but then clean water started running from underneath the belly of this big rig… I shut it off and cursed to see if I did anything wrong, but no, all hooked up right… Got home looked up my problem on this forum and saw some discussion about the backfill valve leaking. I checked it, (in bathroom behind the wall underneath the sink and shower), it is not leaking, so it must be the connection at the black tank. So this weekend I will get that fixed. Everything else is great, and let me say two things, I LOVE my truck and boy this rig is comfortable and quite!!! My B.F.T (Big F….Truck) handled this 5er without any issues at all. Going up hills I was passing gassers (but not over 62mph) and going downhill I let the exhaust brake and T/H mode take over… Wow was it nice….
I’ll get some pictures together soon.

Reck
George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640W Solar, MPPT60, Magnum 2000
Retired Army, but still working....until 2016
5 REPLIES 5

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
On our shakedown cruise to Alaska, was so exhausted that I made a rookie mistake not once, but TWICE!! Flushed the black tank with the dump valve closed. Talk about a $hity experience! Managed to clean it all up but decided to just throw the towels away the second time. Turned out I had congestive heart failure and it was effecting my thinking process. Biggest problem was the door not functioning correctly, replacing the electric tongue jack, repairing the crooked seal on the toilet and a couple of minor things.
charles weidman

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same issue with my last rig. It turned out to be bad threads on the garden hose which allowed water to go around the flush connection seal and leak behind wall and into the underbelly. Replaced hose with a new one and problem solved. I hope that's all it is for you.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.

Sundance07
Explorer
Explorer
Nice truck for sure!

Gotta love that exhaust brake. :B
2012 Ram 3500 4x4 CCLB/DRW Laramie, Cummins 6.7 HO, 68RFE, 4.10 Max Tow, Firestone Ride-Rite, 50 Gal Transfer Flow
2008 Citation Supreme Platinum XL 34.5 CKTS, GVW 15500, MorRyde, 4 wh disc brakes, -30C Polar Pkg

TonyInPa
Explorer
Explorer

CYNCWBY
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you made it back safely, seems like always something to fix on these things. I'm getting my Pacbrake installed Weds...... wouldn't haul w/o one and should be heading for Grand Junction, Co. to meet the driver and pick up our new Rig next week....hopefully.
POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED FREQUENTLY....BOTH FOR THE SAME REASONS