cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got one!

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Proud new owners of a 2012 Road Warrior 395. Been looking forward to this day for about the last 3 years. First on the to do list is get new tires. It came with the crappy Power Kings and I didn't even make it home without one failing, causing some damage to the side of the trailer. Talk about buzzkill! Overall I'm very happy with it and our first trip is Memorial Day weekend!
9 REPLIES 9

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I made sure the tires were pressured up before I left the dealer and I kept my speed at 65 mph. I'm leaning towards the new Carlisle radial RH's. I had them on my previous trailer with great results. Good reviews on them everywhere. My only question is how will they hold up on the heavier units.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the Goodyear G614's. Then, no need to upgrade your rims as they are rated to 110PSI. Congrats on the RW. We love ours!!
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Man....I remember the looking faze congratulations!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Oh yea, good luck with your new toy!! I've also been looking at those, GF likes the 425 Road Warrior because of the big pantry...go figure...lol.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I just recently put a new set of 235/80/16 Maxxis tires on my hauler along with tire temp/air pres sensors. Very happy with them after a 2500 mile round trip. Tires only heated up about 10-12 degrees over OA temps and pres only increased around 8-10 psi. Sorry folks but I'm not a LT tire fan on toy haulers and I've had a couple blow outs with damage when I had 15" tires on it. Just my .02 and opinion. I also only run about 65 mph...no where I need to be to run harder than that. I can't help to think that most causes of blow outs on haulers are due to over loading and or excessive speed...again just my .02.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
The tires are 235/80/16, haven't had a chance to check the wheels yet.

Jim_Cindy
Explorer
Explorer
What is your tire size and what pressure are your wheels rated for. With that info we can try to provide more insight.
PBH Portable Beach House

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison :C
2009 Cameo 34CK3
MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
PullRite Super Glide Hitch
Propane fueled Yamaha EF 2400is

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to the dealer about it, still waiting for some feedback. I'm well aware of the aweful ST tires. Not many options in my size unfortunately without upgrading the wheels also

Arch_Stanton
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new rig, I'd be curious what the dealer said about the tire blow-out.
You'll find it is a hot topic around here, I am among the "LT" conversion crowd, and happy with the results.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad cab 4x4 dually, 5.9 Cummins, 6-speed manual, Jakobs Exhaust Brake, Air Bags, trans coolers, Redline in everything.
Towing a 2014 Eclipse Attitude 32AKLG 5'er on a B&W Turnover Ball 5'er Hitch