Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First trip friday and

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
it is a hoot watching hubby pack the garage 🙂

he is going crazy without his usual big storage compartments that were in the other 5'ver. Now most has to be taken in the garage.

He has bungie cords all over the place strapping things down :B

We aren't taking much, we are doing 4 days at Myrtle Beach State Park just to relax at the beach. should be wonderful!

He is upset cause our lounge chairs don't fit in the underpass storage compartment and have to put in the hauler. He likes burying his stuff in those compartments but now he has to handle ways to make it all fit into the hauler in a good clump with plenty of tiedowns 😛

Can't wait to take this Heartland Torque out on its first trip. Should be a blast but will report any troubles when we get back. fingers crossed all goes fine with this beach trip!!

Just excited to go and try the new hauler out and have fun!
12 REPLIES 12

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks pork.

I so agree with weeding out when putting this stuff back into this rv.
Like a house, somehow stuff accumlates. For us it is the 100 chairs and lounges we carry 🙂 well, not that many but it sure seems like we bring that many. time to cut back.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
porknbeanr wrote:
Nice looking rig. Sounds like he will figure it out. This may be a good time to take a good look at your stuff and see what you haven't used in a while. I have to do this every once in a while or it gets out of control.

Like the 3 backup portable heater systems i carry?

Im afraid if i take it out i will need whatever it is, or someone in our group will...
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking rig. Sounds like he will figure it out. This may be a good time to take a good look at your stuff and see what you haven't used in a while. I have to do this every once in a while or it gets out of control.
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
yea I figured I could not strap down a few things like plastic tubs cause they have no sharp edges to damage a wall or anything. good to know most things stay put. trial and error on packing will sure come into play for us 🙂

mjayco
Explorer
Explorer
I have never realy strapped anything down except for the four wheelers and motorcycles.Chairs and plastic containers seem to stay put on their own, and if they slide around a bit they don't have very far to move.
Good luck with the new camper.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
You could help out. LOL

:E :B

nope. we have assignments to travel. I do everything else and he takes care of loading hauler toys/chairs/stuff and the mechanics behind the hauler, tires/maintenace/etc.

I do the rest from beginning to end

I am not getting into loading end of it. I am too tired 🙂 lol

You know, when I posted, I suspected that! Happy packing.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dog Folks wrote:
You could help out. LOL

:E :B

nope. we have assignments to travel. I do everything else and he takes care of loading hauler toys/chairs/stuff and the mechanics behind the hauler, tires/maintenace/etc.

I do the rest from beginning to end

I am not getting into loading end of it. I am too tired 🙂 lol

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:
I am wondering if anyone has a 'system' to their stuff being strapped in the hauler? Or do ya just strap it down any way it fits?

We have some new arrangements to learn LOL

We use every bit of space in the hauler, we bring alot of stuff. The rhino does take up the most space, plus we load the rhino bed up too with stuff.

I hate loading....
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
You could help out. LOL
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am wondering if anyone has a 'system' to their stuff being strapped in the hauler? Or do ya just strap it down any way it fits?

We have some new arrangements to learn LOL

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Its part of the fun.....Enjoy it and have a good time.

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your trip and your new toy hauler...
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington