cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FR Sandstorm 3215SRS - Anyone have experience with this RV?

thegreatgooglym
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

We are looking at moving from our 1998 Bounder 32H to this model of 5th wheel toyhauler and I'm hoping to get some opinions.

1. Anyone have any experience with the quality and durability of this trailer? Anything I should be looking at specifically?

2. The dealer is looking for $39,998 on the lot and the MSRP is $53,488. This is just over 25% off. It is a 2013 model and has been on the lot for just under a year according to the salesman. These are Canadian prices by the way. Northern Alberta.

3. I have a 2009 F350 4x4 CC 6 3/4 foot box, 6.8L V10, 4.10 gears with the camper package. I believe this will be enough truck to pull this "relatively" lightweight (10,460 lb UVW/14,600 lbs GVW) toyhauler. Any thoughts or opinions? We will usually be pulling without toys but will occasionally take our two 600lb 2007 Suzuki King Quad 450's.

4. I'm thinking I will need a slider hitch to be on the safe side because this 5th doesn't seem to have the radius style corners that a lot of 5th wheels are coming with today. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
2009 F350 4x4 CC Lariat 6.8L V10
2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
2013 Forest River Sandstorm 3215SRS

One husband, one wife, 3 daughters, 1 son, 4 cats, 1 dog and a whole lotta love.

"I work to live, I don't live to work"
2 REPLIES 2

Y-Guy
1. Can't really say, some mixed posts about FR products but I don't recall seeing a big issue with the Sandstorm specifically. Here is a search on the topic from over 1 year ago that might help you out. Sandstorm Search

2. 25% is okay, but if it's been sitting around for a year they can probably be a little more motivated to sell it too.

3. Can't help with the weights but look up your truck specs and look at the GVWR for the trailer not the Uloaded weight.

4. Yes on the slider, you may not always need it but it's just like insurance if you do you'll be glad you have it.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

thegreatgooglym
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

If anyone has any experience with the Sandstorm line at all your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor
2009 F350 4x4 CC Lariat 6.8L V10
2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
2013 Forest River Sandstorm 3215SRS

One husband, one wife, 3 daughters, 1 son, 4 cats, 1 dog and a whole lotta love.

"I work to live, I don't live to work"