cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front Cap

JUSTWORK
Explorer
Explorer
I park my fifth wheel under a canopy but the sun can still get the front cap, I keep it waxed but is there any company that does just a cover that would only cover the front cap?
4 REPLIES 4

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
JUSTWORK wrote:
I park my fifth wheel under a canopy but the sun can still get the front cap, I keep it waxed but is there any company that does just a cover that would only cover the front cap?

Similar situation here. I went to Harbor Freight and got a heavy plastic tarp and modified it to fit the nose of the 5th wheel. They sell cheap metal grommets that can be used after cutting to shape the tarp.

I used a piece of 3/4" EMT electrical conduit on top of the front of the trailer to hold the top of the tarp, and another piece of conduit laying on the pin box to hold the bottom.

The top of the tarp is zip tied to the top conduit. Pieces of nylon rope are tied to the top piece of conduit, and run vertically under the tarp and go through pool noodles to the bottom piece of conduit to hold the tarp off the nose of the trailer to prevent the tarp from abrasing the nose of the trailer.

Both pieces of conduit are tied off toward the back of the trailer to keep them in place.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I would clean it good and use several coats of a ceramic polish. They seem to really hold up better than normal Meguiars type wax.

JUSTWORK
Explorer
Explorer
QCMan wrote:
We had the same issue so I got a piece of sunblock material and attached it to the end of the carport at the top. The bottom is held by a thin line attached to each bottom corner and tying off to a small cleat on each side. When leaving, I untie the bottom lines and drive under it. So far it has worked well for keeping the sun off as it faces due west.

Hey, thanks and I've done that as well with a tarp, problem is my front cap is just inside the building so I had to always have something heavy in the center on the ground to tie off too to keep the tarp from continually rubbing the front cap. I did find a company that makes out of cover material to just cover the front and roof. I ordered it and will try to modify it for my front cap only. I keep mine waxed but it's a 2015 that looks like new, don't want that to change.

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
We had the same issue so I got a piece of sunblock material and attached it to the end of the carport at the top. The bottom is held by a thin line attached to each bottom corner and tying off to a small cleat on each side. When leaving, I untie the bottom lines and drive under it. So far it has worked well for keeping the sun off as it faces due west.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member