cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

front jacks

slackeribew
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what brand to replace a broken jack with on a keystone montana 3475rl. thank you
9 REPLIES 9

slackeribew
Explorer
Explorer
thanks guys I'm going with lippert

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I also went to the double motor Bulldog setup, but the OP may have hydraulic legs which would mean that all the suggestions relating to electric legs is pretty much irrelevant. More and detailed info would be great.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Endricken wrote:
Most likely they're made by Venture Mfg. Assume they have one Motor and a shaft to "power" the other leg?
If so, contact Pam@venturemfgco.com. They're VERY helpful and can send you pictures of how to repair/replace and sell the parts.
I ended up replacing my plastic with a metal gearbox from them about a year ago. A few months later while on the road the main Jack Leg failed. I decided to replace with dual motor powered Jacks. Faster, more powerfull.
A good upgrade and not too hard or expensive.

If you upgrade to dual motors, you absolutely should also add heavy duty reversing relays and up limit switches to prevent damage from over travel.

Endricken
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely they're made by Venture Mfg. Assume they have one Motor and a shaft to "power" the other leg?
If so, contact Pam@venturemfgco.com. They're VERY helpful and can send you pictures of how to repair/replace and sell the parts.
I ended up replacing my plastic with a metal gearbox from them about a year ago. A few months later while on the road the main Jack Leg failed. I decided to replace with dual motor powered Jacks. Faster, more powerfull.
A good upgrade and not too hard or expensive.
Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Electric or hydraulic? What exactly is broken?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

blacktop
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't have any luck with the previous responses, call your nearest dealer and give them your vin number. They can trace it from there.

xthread
Explorer
Explorer
Remove the cap on top of the jack that is not working. There is a part number under it. Bill

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Atwood, Venture, or Lippert. Without trying to find any mfg infonyour guess is as good as anybodies.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely you only need to replace the two gears. They are easy to replace.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.