cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furrion Back up camera

Just a PSA if anyone cares

So.. I have a Furrion Back Up camera that I love to useโ€ฆ Went to use it the last trip out and everything was blurryโ€ฆ.

Googled and found it is a common issue with back up cameraโ€™sโ€ฆ. Here is the fix -
First, i took 2000 grit wet sand paper and rubbed the lens, then I folded some around a nail file and did it again, this time getting where my fat fingers could not reach..Then I dried and used some plastiz head light renew and foam cone wheel on my drillโ€ฆ. I did these steps 2 - 3 times and here are the results.. I think 1 or 2 more rounds and it will be 100%

Before-

After-
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
6 REPLIES 6

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:
All Furrion stuff is junk from the get go.

Yep, and they're now owned by Lippert, the king of junk manufacturing and distribution. One would think it's impossible to take Furrion junk and junk it up some more but Lippert will find a way.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Ours worked about 8 months then one day, the monitor went black. Furrion wouldnโ€™t comment. I removed it and sent it to the recycle pile. All Furrion stuff is junk from the get go. Their Tv, their Microwave and their camera system. I would assume they had a RV tire deal also.

PButler96 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

Googled and found it is a common issue with back up cameraโ€™s

Did you use a cover during the off season? I had the same issue and found that if the cover moves in the wind it will scratch the lens. I Replaced the camera and then removed it when the rig is covered from Nov to Mar with no more issues. Then I got to thinking if the cover can do this to a glass lens, what about other surfaces? Took a good look at the roof membrane edge streetside where it's not protected by the awning tube and got my answer, almost worn through. No more covers.

We donโ€™t use a cover, has always been concerned about it messing up the surface of the corners
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Ranger431 wrote:
Very cool - thanks for sharing! Assume you tried just using windex before sandpaper?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

Googled and found it is a common issue with back up cameraโ€™s

Did you use a cover during the off season? I had the same issue and found that if the cover moves in the wind it will scratch the lens. I Replaced the camera and then removed it when the rig is covered from Nov to Mar with no more issues. Then I got to thinking if the cover can do this to a glass lens, what about other surfaces? Took a good look at the roof membrane edge streetside where it's not protected by the awning tube and got my answer, almost worn through. No more covers.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Ranger431
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool - thanks for sharing! Assume you tried just using windex before sandpaper?
2020 Jayco Eagle 355 MBQS

2011 Ford F-350