cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas disposal

gbsb
Explorer
Explorer
My Fuzion Toy Hauler has been setting for a year, I put stabile in the tank when it was parked but I need to clean the tanks out and refill. What do I do with the old fuel that is in the tanks. I have the refill station and the fuel tank for the generator. Then I have to clean the lines change filters and service the generator. I should not let it set for over a year with nothing done to it but I di.
20 REPLIES 20

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Save it for your lawmnower or snowblower.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
I replace my at home storage gas once a year. 20 gallons, all Stabilized. Run it 5 gallons at a time in the Jeep.
At the farm we have started up and ran equipment that has sat a year with Stabilized gas and ran the tank dry with no issues. Just can't forget to restabilize at the end of the season.
YMMV.... so do what you have to do to sleep better at night....
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 the stabil is doing its job use the gas. pour a can of sea foam in the tank and drive it.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
On a related tangent...the generator for my stick house in case if a power failure:
I have 3 5-gallon cans of gas. I put Sta-bil in all 3. Every August, (once a year) I put this gas in my pickup gas tank....then go out and fill the cans up again with new gas. Then Sta-bil them all over again.

The pickup seems happy...no problems. Based on this, I would say to simply use the gas you got.

FWIW.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you stabilized it and you have no other evidence that it's bad, just use it.

If you are concerned, get a water separating funnel (marine stores sell them) and run it thru that first in case there is water in the fuel.

Yeah, you could put 3-4 gallons in your truck every time you fill up to dilute it.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
run it through your truck a little at a time