cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

good or bad

Antigua1767
Explorer
Explorer
Any experiences at Myrtle Beach Travel Park....looking to book end of August...two weeks....all feedback is appreciated.
Respectfully,
am90
2012 Jayco Eagle 31.5FBHS
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Dually 3500
13 REPLIES 13

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
there are several really nice CG's at Myrtle Beach .... the Travel Park is fine but its dunes are such that the place feels a bit claustrophobic to us .... as others have mentioned, we prefer the parks on the south side of Myrtle .... we've been to them all and our favorite is Ocean Lakes

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

pattyz
Explorer
Explorer
We started out 15 yrs ago at Lakewood, then decided to go to Pirateland, place is awesome!!!b Gets better every yr. Just love the beach there the whole grand strand camping is good. That Huntington Beach campground, is right on the beach too, and also takes reservations. Online as a state park.
Patty & Jim
2008 Coachmen Chaparral 321TS / 2016 Aspen Trail 2460RLS/ 2018 Coachmen Clipper 17 FQ
07 Chev Avalanche Fire red, :p:E Pumpkin pit/Lab, Herbie, Scooby, Dino, and Taffy, four Yorkie's Going a campin':C

mooreadventures
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a week long stay and there is no doubt we'll go back. In comparison to the southern CGs (OL, PL & LW) MBTP was a better fit for us. A lot fewer golf carts, nice amenities, and good sized sites. My only complaint is the WiFi was really, really slow and unreliable. We have a new favorite MB campground.
Mark & Tammy
'05 Monaco Cheetah

Ted_Bell
Explorer
Explorer
We also just got back from a week at MBTP, and had a good time. It's a good park with clean very clean facilities- the bathhouses, pool, lazy river, etc. Each site has a covered picnic table. It has outdoor and indoor pools, and they are both nice. Despite the large numbers at the campground, the pools never get crazy crowded. Lots of activities for kids, including age-specific games and contests at the pool area and a day camp at the pavilion by the beach. No golf carts unless you're a permanent resident, so there are very few around. It does give it a more relaxed feel than the other Myrtle Beach parks, and I prefer to stroll where I need to go instead of hopping into a cart and zipping off (which my wife insists on). The only negative compared to the other parks is that their sites seem to be significantly narrower. (Your yard space between your door and the next camper.) To sum it all up, you won't be disappointed at all with staying there.

Thanks,
Ted

mooreadventures
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be staying there for the first time in a few weeks. We've stayed at Pirate Land and Ocean Lakes in the past, so we'll see and compare.
Mark & Tammy
'05 Monaco Cheetah

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
Great park, very friendly office staff and park workers. Being going there in October for many years now. Planning on being back this October.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just got back from there last week. We always stay around sites 509-514 near the store and the pool, just in front of the lake. I saw some really great weather last week, also some high surf tides that got into the road. We really like MBTP we go most every year, it is in a perfect location.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

We go there every year for a week or 2... Been doing it for 25+years... Habit- ...yes.. But we really like it.. Clean , not a ton of golf carts running you down,, an indoor pool , outdoor pool , lazy river , lots of things for kids to do at night... This is a picture I took last august from the waters edge...

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

packpe89
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed here a couple of times. We enjoyed it, but we like the campgrounds further south at MB. Out favorite is Lakewood. The lots seem a tad larger and there are several with shade. MTP is very near shopping if that is important, but we have three boys, so shopping is not on the list of things to do. Mine love to play putt putt, which is included at Lakewood, they will play 3-5 rounds a day. They all have indoor/outdoor pools, great beach access and lazy rivers.

BTW, The campground near Murrels inlet is Hunnington Beach. Never rv'ed there but have taken our scout troop several times, neat campground. Racoons at Hunnington are huge, so secure everything at night

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
We go there for 2 weeks every spring - great place. We stay in the pull through sites down by the sea side pavilion - quick walk to the beach.

The area north of the campground is not developed so it makes for a great beach walk.

Our site in May - campground is not very full during the week (at least when we are there)

2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
travelbayshore14 wrote:
We've had great experiences while staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park.

We spend 2 weeks every Christmas there. No golf carts unless your in the permanent area so you can actually walk around. Other big campgrounds on south side have as many golf carts as campers making getting around the campground a adventure. Very nice beach and pool. Close to many attractions and the Alabama Theater has a very good nightly show to do something different. Walmart 1/2 mile from the gate for supplies and many places to eat.
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

travelbayshore1
Explorer
Explorer
We've had great experiences while staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park.

Kayak_Kamper
Explorer
Explorer
Have not been there .. There is however a Nice state park just south of MURRELS INLET.. And a really neat botanical Garden estate there as well.. plus the usual alligators.! Good luck