cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

good sam insurance

Ziphead2
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone have Good Sam RV Insurance. Looking for a good company that insures the contents also. Any comments good/bad thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
I have had Good Sam Insurance for over 16 years for Full Time. They did use GMAC and now it is National General.
The first $4,000 coverage in personal items is $7 and you can buy more coverage for more $$.

I have had only one claim for a broken windshield. And it was taken care of with no problem as any vehicle coverage in FL. has no deductible on glass.

Also when parked in the winter for several months some of the coverage is dropped and saves me $$$
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have gotten quotes from Good Sam insurance over the years and they have never been low. Same with AARP insurers. They get a fee for allowing use of their name. I use an independent agent and have had good luck with their searches and the few claims I have had were handled well by the insurance company.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
dbob62180 wrote:
We are full timers so we insure all our contents in our RV, the rig and our truck. We use Dougherty & Associates in Sioux Falls, SD. They are an independent agency who specialize in RVer's insurance. Talk to Jacque- tell her the O'Brien's sent you. She saved us over $500 on our insurance. We highly recommend this company. ๐Ÿ™‚

You do know that they are not the company that does the insuring, right?
They do write policies for other companies.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam's isn't the insurance company. They've made some kind of arrangement with a licensed company to provide a preferred rate to Good Sam members. I recently had two claims on our RV and one on my truck. The service was excellant on all three claims and my rate for auto and homeowner's insurance is lower than I've been able to find locally.

dbob62180
Explorer
Explorer
We are full timers so we insure all our contents in our RV, the rig and our truck. We use Dougherty & Associates in Sioux Falls, SD. They are an independent agency who specialize in RVer's insurance. Talk to Jacque- tell her the O'Brien's sent you. She saved us over $500 on our insurance. We highly recommend this company. ๐Ÿ™‚

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Based on the issues posted here regarding Good Sam, I certainly would never consider them for insurance.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We have,our ins. thru our auto ins co; That covers the structure itself, as for the slides, tires, plumbing, etc. it's through Good Sam. But every one as you know is different, with different needs. Good Sam I think your able to stop it during the winter months when your not using the camper. Just do your research and pick the plan best for your needs.
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W