cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I have never heard of Grand Design before. When I came across this model I was really impressed with the layout, weight, and length. It seems to have everything that my wife and I are looking for.

Any owners on the forum that could comment on their experience with this brand / model?

The closet dealer is General RV in Canton Ohio. Anybody have any experience with them?

Looking forward to hear the feedback on this!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
18 REPLIES 18

214skier
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned a Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS and now we have a Solitude 5th wheel. This is our 3rd and 4th RV respectively. I agree with many comments that the delivery quality of an RV seems consistent rig to rig; however the service Grand Design provides in the event of any issues is exemplary--making it the difference in my opinion.

Happy to answer any and all questions.
2016 Grand Design Solitude 377MB

Milt
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our Reflection 29RS for about 18 months.It's been a good rig with a few minor problems. In early spring took it to the dealer because the fridge had quit working on electric. After four weeks it hadn't been repaired so I contacted Grand Design for permission to take it elsewhere. They provided the name of an appliance repair (Bill's RV Appliance Service, Sales and parts) in Elkhart, IN. They gave me an appointment day and repaired it in that one day.
During that contact Grand Design CS told me that I could take it any place that would do the repair because Grand Design will work with anyone who's willing to work with them. Wife has occasionally had to go out to take something to trailer or get something then will say she didn't want to leave because it feels so comfortable.
Milt

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
We are very happy with our Reflection 303RLS. As you said, it is perfect combination of layout, weight, and length. You can get to the bathroom and fridge with the slides in. We have had ours since Oct 2013, and have been 15K miles with only minimal problems -- not bad for #314 off the line in the first year of production in the first year of company business. We had a tech question and called Grand Design. Hearing our name, the tech guy asked if we were coming to the rally again this year. Can't say enough about the service and support.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
You might also look at two Heartland products. The Big Horn and Big Country. Heartland has great customer support, and also allows the use of mobile techs for warranty work and will ship replacement items directly to the owner. The Heartland forum is the best I have seen.

Chris

I reviewed these models and while very nice they are just to heavy for my truck and to long for my driveway. The GD model I'm considering is only 11995 GVWR while these models are two feet longer and come in at 14000 GVWR

Thanks!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might also look at two Heartland products. The Big Horn and Big Country. Heartland has great customer support, and also allows the use of mobile techs for warranty work and will ship replacement items directly to the owner. The Heartland forum is the best I have seen.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
minnow wrote:
2008Wildcat wrote:
The Reflection line now has self leveling standard also.

Check out the owners forum...Grand Design stands behind their products like no other manufacturer does.

That is really the one thing that sets GD apart from most of the others. GD has its fair share of repair issues as the company uses components from all the usual suspects. Which means problems with refrigerators, slide out motors and invertors among others. GD has up to this point has been pretty responsive with arranging repairs at non-selling dealers/mobile repair services and/or shipping replacement parts directly to owners. I don't think their units are put together any better than the competition, but service after the sale is pretty darn good.

OP Here,

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I expect to find some sort of issues and go into this understanding that.

I was seriously considering a Jayco and a Keystone model as well with similar floor plans. I can get a Jayco with auto leveling fireplace 50 amp service etc. BUT those are all options on a Jayco. I would also need to order one as they routinely do not stock the Eagle HT line with those options. I do not want to go up to the Eagle line because of size and weight. I do like the two year warranty that Jayco offers. The Keystone is pretty much the same deal and I have been following two different threads here with Keystone owners with issues and can't get help from their dealer or Keystone.

The GD has all the features we are looking for and cost wise is coming in close to a Jayco with the same options added.

I have to drive two hours to get to the GD dealer and we are making plans to do this as soon as we can.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and feedback!

Dave

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased ours a few months ago. We absolutely love ours. Ours has been trouble free. Would definitely buy another without hesitation.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my GD Solitude for almost 3 1/2 years and about 25,000 miles and couldn't be happier.. I don't think you can go wrong with any Grand Design unit..

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
We own a Grand Design Solitude, we think it is great. We had a couple of minor problems, a call to their customer service corrected the problems! They are known by their commitment to customer satisfaction! They are a great company to deal with!

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased our 303RLS on 1 July, have been out in it twice already, love it! Solid trailer, worst I could find during the PDI was some small gaps in the self-leveling compound on the roof which was quickly taken care of.

So far so good, high confidence in the future of this trailer and GD as a company.
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
2008Wildcat wrote:

Check out the owners forum...Grand Design stands behind their products like no other manufacturer does.

That is really the one thing that sets GD apart from most of the others. GD has its fair share of repair issues as the company uses components from all the usual suspects. Which means problems with refrigerators, slide out motors and invertors among others. GD has up to this point has been pretty responsive with arranging repairs at non-selling dealers/mobile repair services and/or shipping replacement parts directly to owners. I don't think their units are put together any better than the competition, but service after the sale is pretty darn good.

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer

2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

RRinNFla
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought we narrowed things down to the Reflection 303RLS and a Primetime Crusader 295RLT. The floor plans were similar and General RV carried both in our area. We liked the pantry in the Reflection. The Crusader came with an auto-levelling system. We went with the Crusader.

When we went to pick it up, it did not have the recliners that were in it when we looked at it. General had swapped them out for a sofa of less quality that did not even match the other sofa. We raised a fuss and they "found" the recliners.

The closing with General was the typical high pressure to buy the warranty and finish protection packages. When we went to do the walk through, I had to show the tech some of the features of the trailer.

In short, we love the Crusader, could care less about doing business with General again.
Richard

2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RLT
2008 Ford F250 V10 (Gas), EC, SB, 4X4

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the GD owners forum. They have just as many problems as the rest out there. Most problems seem to be from 2nd party suppliers though. Which is what affects most RVs anyway.
http://www.granddesignowners.com/forum/forum.php