cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at buying a new 5th wheel around the first of the year. Grand Design has caught my eye. Let me hear from the Grand Design owners about the good and bad. Not interested in other brands right now.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport
21 REPLIES 21

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
The Reflection line of 5th wheels will be available with self leveling very soon.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Grand Design Momentum 385TH and are keeping a write-up running on it. So far, we have been very pleased. They make a really product, and back it up with excellent support.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
mgpassport wrote:
My nearest dealer is Happy Daze in Sacramento, Anyone have any dealings with them....
And GD is definitely on my wish list.
If you do decide to go with GD I highly recommend B & B RV in Redding. We have used Happy Daze in past years but not fully satisfied. With GD we opted to drive to Redding and we are grateful we did. They offer exceptional service. We have owned four FW and B&B by far has given us the best service. It's a 2 hour drive from Woodland and worth every extra mile! Feel free to PM us if you have any questions. We love our GD Reflection-best FW we've ever owned.

mgpassport
Explorer
Explorer
My nearest dealer is Happy Daze in Sacramento, Anyone have any dealings with them....
And GD is definitely on my wish list.

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
southernsky wrote:
I understand about the dealer service, that's why I asked about the quality of the Grand Design. The dealer here does not have the best service department. Would hope I would never have to deal with them.
We had a similar issue but found a GD dealer three hours from our home who is top notch. To us it's worth the extra miles. Is there another dealer you could use if you did need service?

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
I understand about the dealer service, that's why I asked about the quality of the Grand Design. The dealer here does not have the best service department. Would hope I would never have to deal with them.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
We have a GD Momentum 385. Very happy with it. As others have said customer service is outstanding. We had a few small issues all taken care of quickly and easily.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

Bellpr
Explorer
Explorer
we have been looking at the Solitude line from GrandDesigns. Want to follow this thread. thanks.

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
diftw wrote:
We purchased ours in April so not a lot of time on the clock yet. Have had 2 issues - first was the driver's side slide broke. Our dealer (Colrain RV in Indianapolis) fixed it for us. Second was the awning started to pull away from the trailer which again the dealer took care of for us promptly. We just returned from our furthest trip over Labor Day (180 miles one-way). Pulls great and no other issues. We leave for Topsail this Friday.

It was mentioned in this thread to make sure you have a good dealer. I wholeheartedly agree. GD's customer service is second to none but the dealer, in my opinion, is just as important. We have dealt with Colrain RV for a number of years and have always been satisfied.

Good luck on your search!
X2 on good dealer......we bought our Reflection in CO but we live in CA and B&B RV in Redding has a great GD service dept! So any GD owners in N. Ca they are worth the extra miles for outstanding service.

diftw
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased ours in April so not a lot of time on the clock yet. Have had 2 issues - first was the driver's side slide broke. Our dealer (Colrain RV in Indianapolis) fixed it for us. Second was the awning started to pull away from the trailer which again the dealer took care of for us promptly. We just returned from our furthest trip over Labor Day (180 miles one-way). Pulls great and no other issues. We leave for Topsail this Friday.

It was mentioned in this thread to make sure you have a good dealer. I wholeheartedly agree. GD's customer service is second to none but the dealer, in my opinion, is just as important. We have dealt with Colrain RV for a number of years and have always been satisfied.

Good luck on your search!
Dave and Anne
2016 Grand Design 337RLS
2015 Ford F350 XLT 6.7l 4x4
Reese Elite 18K Hitch
Rotochocks
Rota Flex by Trail Air Pin Box
Barker 4-wheel 25 gallon tote
Nights Camped in 2009 - 33
2010 - 37
2011 - 31

2012 - 35
2013 - 42
2014 - 45
2015 - 46
2016 - 51
2017 - 43

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our Solitude for over 2 1/2 years, with about 18,000 miles so far. Totally pleased with it. Haven't seen anything I would trade it for yet.

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
One year ago we picked up our Grand Design Solutude and have enjoyed it ever since. For the money one of the best RV investments we have made. Enjoy your new GD!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our Reflection 303 in Nov 2013 and have over 12000 towing miles. We are very happy with it. Although we've only had minor issues, Grand Design service and support is outstanding. Every other owner we've met is also pleased. Check out the owners forum.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW