cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grey Water Tank Removal

Southern_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my grey water tank in my 1999 Montana 3255RL, can't stop the leak and I've tried everything. Has anyone done or seen it done and is the tank removed from the bottom or do I have to do it from the top? Also anybody know of reputable tank suppliers?

Thanks,
Kent
4 REPLIES 4

Midwestgirl483
Explorer
Explorer
We fixed ours from the bottom by dropping it down. Seem to be a big job. Cracked around the valve. Paid around $142 to fix. Filled the first time heard a pop. So I don't think the weld held. We leave our Grey open now.
2008 Discover America NuWa
2006 Dodge Big Horn 3500

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
Once you dig into it you may find the original tank can be repaired. If it is black ABS, cement for gluing pipes and fiberglass cloth can be used to fix cracks. For a new tank, Ameri-Kart is an OEM manufacturer and they have many configurations.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

btd35
Explorer
Explorer
I have not, but friend has. I saw it after he had done the job. He had to cut the light frame member underneath, and drop the tank. Then he got another piece of frame member drilled holes in it and bolted it up into place. The tank is put in from the top before the floor when it is built. The repair worked great. He tried everything to stop the leak as well. Bad batch of tanks I think.

Tom & Beth
05,Grand Junction 35TMS
99, Dodge 3500 Dually.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Should be able to drop it down from underneath...
These guys will custom make any tank you need....LINK

I haven't used them for a tank, but have purchased other parts from them.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro