cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hand crank landing gear issue

gloomis
Explorer II
Explorer II

I have an old (2005) fleetwood 5th wheel.  The entry point on the exterior of the trailer,  where the hand crank to the front landing gear is inserted,  is broken.  I have searched the internet for a replacement part with no luck.  Does anyone know what this is called and where I may find a replacement?

I just successfully replaced the landing gear assembly and motor but this part is still an issue.

4 REPLIES 4

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

I'm striking out as well. One thought, can you get a threaded pipe nipple that mostly fits the hole and two nuts and put the nipple in the hole and one nut on either side?

Something like this Link 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

gloomis
Explorer II
Explorer II

5th wheel 1.jpeg5th wheel 2.jpeg5th wheel 3.jpeg5th wheel 4.jpeg

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Can you take a picture and post it here so we know what part you need? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'll bet in the end you find something in McMaster Carr. But that catalog is so large it would help to know what you're looking for.

Link 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

thanks - pics below