cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hauling Two Polaris RZR XP 900's

TruckinRazor
Explorer
Explorer
Since I searched long and hard for a toy hauler that had space long and wide enough to haul two Polaris Ranger RZR XP900's (64" wide x 18ft 1") with very little success.I thought I would share the models I came across that have enough cargo space or atleast bigger then 16ft.
Eclipse RV mfg. Bumper pull 32IBG.(19'4" cargo)
Eclipse RV mfg. 5th wheel, 34CRG,(20' cargo) 38CRG (24ft cargo)
Heartland Cyclone and Road Warrior 17.5ft garage
Keystone Fuzion and Voltage 18ft garage
Some of the older trailers that are discontinued have "open" cargo space like Weekend Warrior, Ragen and others but they are older and harder to research.
I chose the bumper pull model Eclipse Attitude Wide Lite 32IBG so I can still haul yet another Polaris RZR or similar in the bed of my truck if need be.
7 REPLIES 7

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Taco wrote:
If you have an 8 ft bed build a carrier to carry one over top of the bed rails. Then any bumper pull toyhauler will work.

Better have a dually. One quick emergency lane change and over she goes... SxS have no business in the back of the truck if pulling a heavy load off the bumper IMO. Just asking for trouble.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Taco
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an 8 ft bed build a carrier to carry one over top of the bed rails. Then any bumper pull toyhauler will work.

Bedlam
I did the front-stack setup for a year, but it's an hour to load or unload and gets old fast. Depending on your RZR cage and TH roof height, this may not even be possible without removing the rear loft bed...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
You could back one RzR in and then have a ramp system and drive the front of second one over front of first one to gain room.

Bedlam
We went with a truck camper that can be dropped in the campground and an enclosed trailer. We didn't want to deal with the excessive length of a bumper pull or big fifth wheel. I am 45' in overall length with this setup. If your family is bigger, the TC will be too small but there are also car haulers with living quarters that can give you more space in a smaller package.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

TruckinRazor
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
Just trying to get the concept of putting a 18' long Polaris into a pickup truck bed. Maybe with a long wheelbase F-450 it would not be a propblem, but the regular pickups might not be able to handle the weight as well as the trailer hitch, and still have some weight over the front axle.

Have you seen the F-550's that U-Haul uses to transfer trailers from one location to another? They have ramps going over a toolbox body, and can store 2-3 smaller pull type trailers on those ramps, winching them into place above the cab and back end of the truck.

I did see one cabover truck that carried a VW bus camper van, and towed a Airstream trailer behind it. Full timers who wanted to tow a Airstream, but also have a smaller toad and be able to camp in it as well. I think a E-350 based camper van would have been able to tow the Airstream, and avoid the messing with the VW camper altogether.

Had you given any thought to a motorhome towing a longer trailer? Perhaps able to stack the Polaris on on top of the other, or somehow sandwich them into a trailer?

Or perhaps a fifth wheel towing a small cargo trailer with the second Polaris on it. It would require a commercial license but that is easy enough to get.

Fred.

I appreciate the reply Fred.
The measurement I gave was for both machines.
They are 64" Wide by 108.4" Long and 73" High individually.
Meaning I needed 18'8" for cargo room.
Sorry for not being more specific.
I also have my factory box removed and a flatbed installed.
I am a OTR truck driver and have every endorsement availible, but in Oregon we are not allowed to tow double rv type trailers.
I didn't go the RV/Enclosed trailer route because we use our pick up truck to travel when at the campground.
My truck is 08 Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Just trying to get the concept of putting a 18' long Polaris into a pickup truck bed. Maybe with a long wheelbase F-450 it would not be a propblem, but the regular pickups might not be able to handle the weight as well as the trailer hitch, and still have some weight over the front axle.

Have you seen the F-550's that U-Haul uses to transfer trailers from one location to another? They have ramps going over a toolbox body, and can store 2-3 smaller pull type trailers on those ramps, winching them into place above the cab and back end of the truck.

I did see one cabover truck that carried a VW bus camper van, and towed a Airstream trailer behind it. Full timers who wanted to tow a Airstream, but also have a smaller toad and be able to camp in it as well. I think a E-350 based camper van would have been able to tow the Airstream, and avoid the messing with the VW camper altogether.

Had you given any thought to a motorhome towing a longer trailer? Perhaps able to stack the Polaris on on top of the other, or somehow sandwich them into a trailer?

Or perhaps a fifth wheel towing a small cargo trailer with the second Polaris on it. It would require a commercial license but that is easy enough to get.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com