cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Head Spinning looking for new RV (first 5th wheel)

adayers
Explorer
Explorer
So many models. then you read reviews and I think all have good and bad. Except maybe Open Range which have lots of bad. then layouts...Found a Cedar Creek 36CKTS, it is almost everything except no pantry? arg. just want everything I want...lol
Fantastically,

Alan
19 REPLIES 19

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
PatRenee wrote:
http://www.highlandridgerv.com/products/2017/open-range-3x/fifth-wheels/3X379RLS
http://www.highlandridgerv.com/products/2017/open-range-3x/fifth-wheels/3X377FLR

Both of these are better than that Grand Design,,,IMHO

We looked at those too but I've never seen one on the road that that ugly gray wasn't very faded and even oxidized looking. We were also turned off by the kitchen because of the island. It becomes very confining when you can't move through. We found that with a few other brands like a couple of Montanas we looked at.

Every one has their personal preference. Find a floor plan you like and focus on that. Then look for build quality in person and perusing the various "owner's forums" and facebook pages, etc.

I hope you find something you like.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on Become a 'Creeker'

I also can't say enough good things about CC service department - from experience.

Good Luck!
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
YnotTurbo wrote:
You can look at Mobile Suites, but I am not impressed with their customer service after the buy...

We've had some minor issues with ours and so far they've treated us great! When we were there last November getting our satellite dish installed on the roof they were really nice to deal with then, we had a couple of "little" things we wanted addressed and they were MORE than willing to look into them for us. From my experience dealing with them I'd recommend them.

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't the same. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Dan

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.highlandridgerv.com/products/2017/open-range-3x/fifth-wheels/3X379RLS
http://www.highlandridgerv.com/products/2017/open-range-3x/fifth-wheels/3X377FLR

Both of these are better than that Grand Design,,,IMHO

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
The GD Reflection line is pretty nice IMO Alot better than the higher priced Solitude line they put out that cheaps out on too many things for the price
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my Grand Design 369RL for three years now, couldn't be happier and the wife loves the huge pantry

PalmCoastBob
Explorer
Explorer
Our Vanleigh Vilano has a nice pantry.

adayers
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28807696/gotomsg/28808162.cfm#28808162

I am about to become a "creeker"
Fantastically,

Alan

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
CabinetmakerII wrote:
TucsonJim wrote:
Check out the Grand Design 369RL. It has the same basic floorplan as the Cedar Creek, but includes a large pantry.

Grand Design 369RL

Jim

TucsonJim nailed it! The Grand Design 369 is Grand indeed! That will be my next RV when we need to replace our existing. Just gotta start saving for it now...:B

And if you want to save a little bit of money and weight, the model we have is very similar. It's just a little narrower and doesn't have hydraulic leveling, etc. It's the Grand Design Reflection 337RLS. I believe it's $15-$20K less.

Now you can get one touch auto leveling on the Reflection line! I think it's electric not hydraulics.

dcg9381
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design has great customer service feedback also.

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Hope your looking used. Cedar Creek has had a stellar customer service history.

That is an understatement!! Cedar Creek's after-the-sale customer service is the best in the industry and this I know from personal experience, those guy's REALLY STAND behind their product!

Do yourself a solid and become a "Creeker".
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
You can look at Mobile Suites, but I am not impressed with their customer service after the buy...
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

Gearitis
Explorer
Explorer
Took us 3 years to find what we wanted. I know, I know, spring is here and you have spring fever! Just hang in there. You will walk into one and "bingo" thats it....patience and get you want, don't get in a hurry. We all want to get out and go glamping, I mean camping.....
2015 F-350 King Ranch
2015 Sabre Silhouette Select 312RKDS

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
JAYCO!!!!!!!
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog