cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hesitating slide

Jim_Cindy
Explorer
Explorer
Our dining slide moves for 1-3 seconds, stops for a second or two, then moves again. Goes all the way in or out, just does it in steps. Anybody have an idea? Had the slide repaired last fall at Fox's. Now in Virginia Beach on the first trip since.
2009 Carriage Cameo 34CK3
PBH Portable Beach House

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison :C
2009 Cameo 34CK3
MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
PullRite Super Glide Hitch
Propane fueled Yamaha EF 2400is
8 REPLIES 8

Imaroadrunnr
Explorer
Explorer
I lubed the slides and then followed the pos. cable(s) to two CB's. Replacing both of them should be a piece of cake. Thanks for the reply.

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to also check the lubrication on your slide....as stated above, likely the breaker, but could be that poor lube is contributing to the problem.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Imaroadrunnr
Explorer
Explorer
I have been having trouble with the large slide on my 2001 Cedar Creek as it is slightly "jumpy" when I extend it or retract it. When I retract it, it will not stop when the button is released but closes all of the way and then it will continue trying to close the slide more for around 3 seconds at a time and will do this about 8 times (I counted) before it quits. The other two slides are not problematic and I can hear contactors clicking when I am extending the large slide from inside the rig. Do you think the CB is the problem? If it is a cheap fix I will change it out before I head for Beaver, UT on Tusday.
Thanks

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always insure our battery is used in the circuit when moving the slides. That little more juice seems to really help out.

I have actually seen folks nose their truck up to the tongue area and parallel a jumper cable to help their batteries along when moving the slides.

The moving of the slides and then stopping for a few seconds then starting up again is sure a telltale sign the auto reset circuit breakers are being tripped then starting up again a few seconds later after they cool down alittle and auto reset..
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
It is almost surely the auto reset circuit breaker. When they start going bad they will trip, cool down and reset, then trip again and repeat.
Will look something like this.
Available at RV parts stores and many auto parts stores. Check the side of it for the amperage rating.
But if it only started doing that after the repairs then I would be concerned that it was binding somewhat on travel and causing increased amps pull as the motor strained to move the slide. Would be a good idea if possible to have the repairing facility check it out.

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Bad 30, 40 or 50A breaker. Gets corroded and stops periodically. Then it resets. Easy replacement. And cheap. Find the breaker by following the pos cable from battery. Remove one and take it to the autoparts store to match it up.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
A somewhat common problem for large electric slides (if that's what you have). It's the breaker tripping and the common fix is to add a second breaker of the same value, in parallel with the original.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like air in the lines check fluid level or resivior cap loose