cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you inspect Level-Up jacks?

dedmiston
I took my trailer back to storage after our last trip and when I got home I noticed one of the foot pads from my 6 point level-up jacks was in the gutter in front of my house. I was lucky it fell off right there at home. The bolt and o-ring were still there, so I figured it would be easy to put back together. I drove back up to the storage lot and tried to put it back together, but I couldn't get the bolt started. The threads must have stripped when it worked itself out. I called Lippert and they told me my choices are to either tap the threads back out or replace the jack. I'll go pick up a tap & die kit and give it a try.

So my question is, how often do you all check the tightness of your foot pads? We've had our fifth wheel for just over a year (out of warranty) and it never crossed my mind to check these foot pads. Is this a common maintenance issue?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
3 REPLIES 3

dedmiston
GASMAN6674 wrote:
I have hydraulic front landing gear (rig is prepped for level up) I almost lost one of my pads also, I got the correct tap and a new bolt from fastenal and chased the threads. Lasted about a season and started backing out again so this time I cleaned the threads and used red loctite so far so good. Since you have six i would recommend checking them all. Good luck

Good idea. Thanks.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Had one come off on our way back home from a trip last year. Don't know where or when. Was the type with the pin and retaining wire. Still don't see how it came off. I always check them and it was just fine, and by check I mean walk around and glance at. I still think someone needed one and shopped at my trailer on one of our stops. .
2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL

GASMAN6674
Explorer
Explorer
I have hydraulic front landing gear (rig is prepped for level up) I almost lost one of my pads also, I got the correct tap and a new bolt from fastenal and chased the threads. Lasted about a season and started backing out again so this time I cleaned the threads and used red loctite so far so good. Since you have six i would recommend checking them all. Good luck
Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? Propane Exceptional Energy
2015 F350 CCLB 6.2L/4:30 Vermilion Red
2020 Cougar 364BHLGone but not forgotten 2012 Ridgeline 34RLT fifth wheel/2012 V27FK V-Cross TT