cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to hook ceiling speakers to television?????

Ezbagr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fifth wheel that has speakers in the ceiling. I want to hook speakers to the television. I believe that the speaker wires have stripped ends on them and therefore not able to hook directly to the television. I can hook speaker wires to the am/fm/cd player and get my television sound that way but then I have to have two remotes-one for tv and one for cd player-would rather not do it that way.
Any ideas.
4 REPLIES 4

soling2003
Explorer
Explorer
First off, you can't just hook the speakers up directly to the TV as it doesn't have an amp to power them unless it is a special TV.

Is the am/fm/cd stereo a car stereo or home style? Does it have a DVD player build it?

Easiest way is to get an all in one home style stereo/amp/DVD player and hook the speakers to that. Then you can program the remotes to work on both TV and stereo/DVD player.

Have fun.
DW and 2 dogs
2011 Ford F350 Dually LB 4x4 CC 6.7 diesel
2007 Grand Junction 35TMS
Peterson 37(just sold) T-37 R/C Sailboat at home

JohnBoyToo
Explorer
Explorer
First,
verify your surround (ceiling) speakers work when you are watching a movie ...

if they do, then you set your surround or dvd player to accept the
'alternate' (TV) audio input (on mine it's labeled 'optical') and then turn the volume up to enjoy !

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I believe most systems work the way yours does. We have the same setup. If we're watching just the tv, then we use the tv remote to control sound. If we're watching a movie then we use the stereo remote to control sound. Just turn the volume up on the other to max. You will always need two controllers. You can't program your controllers to control one device like at home.

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
You said you could run TV through stereo...can your TV be programmed in the settings to use auxiliary sound vs TV sound? If so, you would only need to turn on the stereo and make sure it was set to use TV. Then the one TV remote would operate channels and sound through the speakers in the ceiling. This is how ours is set up and I only use the stereo remote to turn on. If you hook the speakers direct to the TV, you may lose the function of operating the stereo. I'm not 100% sure on that but it would be my fear. Good luck!
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually